Ghost makes no logical sense in this game, and here's ways it could be better

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Ghost makes no logical sense in this game, and here's ways it could be better

How is it that sprinting makes you less visible to a UAV, than not moving and hiding in a bush/house?

Honestly, the problem with ghost in BLOPS1 was that everyone used it, along with silencers, so they could run and gun easier.  The changes to ghost in this game won't fix that, in fact once everyone has it, things will get worse since run/gun SMG will dominate all other cautious play styles.  I don't understand why defending is bad, thats the point of domination, demolition, etc.  It feels like the catered only to team deathmatch players.

Ghost should function the other way around.  For example

- your invisible if and only if you havn't moved for 3+ seconds (not counting turning/aiming), OR

- your invisible as long as you don't sprint at all

Or hey, here's something crazy...  make ghost the way it use to be but make it so it can't be used in deathmatch modes!  Are mode specific perks that hard?  NO, they did it in BLOPS1.

I'm pretty sure if they implemented one of these changes, assault rifles would be used more.  They are powerful, just not as useful as SMGs given the current meta game.

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Ghost makes no logical sense in this game, and here's ways it could be better

in reply to Breaker_

Honestly, the problem with ghost in BLOPS1 was that everyone used it, along with silencers, so they could run and gun easier.  The changes to ghost in this game won't fix that, in fact once everyone has it, things will get worse since run/gun SMG will dominate all other cautious play styles.  I don't understand why defending is bad, thats the point of domination, demolition, etc.  It feels like the catered only to team deathmatch players.

No ghost has been around since MW with dead silence its (official introduction to stealth) its been blamed for losing games, losing fights, not having fun, and more.

What you have now is the result of continuous WHINNYING (such as your post) from gamers through out the series.

If it wasn't for that whinnying behavior that COD gamers have developed than ghost / cold blooded / dead silence might be something useful. As long its in the game people will run to it for help.

It has been modified to reduce the frustration from other players who go for objectives and cannot locate the troublesome non objective playing style, thats why it is what it is.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: Ghost makes no logical sense in this game, and here's ways it could be better

in reply to Izjar11

Umm... Defeding the objective, is playing the objective.

Also, I am refering to BLOPS1 only.   Cold blooded was fine in the MW series, since it was usually in the same slot as something like stopping power.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Breaker_

If you are defending the objective the need to use ghost is irrelevant, but it is a safety net for those unwilling to use something else.

Again, pay attention to what you write ghost is the result of complaints on top of complaints!

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Breaker_

It's still possible to camp with ghost, provided you're moving in spot. Just wiggle back and forth and you'll be fine.

note: you have to be moving at least top walking speed. Any less and you'll show up on the mini map.

(eg: moving while crouching, moving while ads, etc. is too slow) I haven't found out if moving with stalker, i mean grip stock... or something, is fast enough to keep you off the mini map.

Level 7

in reply to Breaker_

Ghost isn't the problem, UAV spam is.  I'm sick of the little whiny babies that think ghost is "unfair" but seeing everyone on the other team with a three killstreak isn't.  We wouldn't even need ghost if the game wasn't a constant UAV fest.  UAV's should either be taken out of the game, be a harder to earn killstreak, or be made a personal killstreak. If UAV's weren't a problem, ghost wouldn't be a problem, simple as that.

Level 6

in reply to partee

Fair enough.  The reason I targeted ghost over UAV is because we have been complainging about UAV's for years, and they havn't changed a damn thing, but they seem willing to change Ghost/Cold blooded, or whatever they want to call it, every year,

Level 1

in reply to Breaker_

Change the UAV? Why exactly?

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to partee

shoot it down, it's not hard. Don't complain about something you personally can fix. If you choose not shoot it down then that's your issue. Or use that black hat thing, plus it earns points to your killstreak..trust me i agree the uav spam is quite annoying. Here is the vid of the black hat, i use and i love it.

Level 2

in reply to FfC_BerSerkxL

I shouldn't have to be bothered to take up a pick 10 slot with anti air equipment.  I also shouldn't have to stop running around, playing the objective to stare up in the sky.  Even if I did stop to take a UAV or two out, another one will be up in seconds. It is an easy to obtain, overused, and arguably overpowered streak.

Level 6

Studios