Getting owned by lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Getting owned by lag compensation

in reply to Emazyo

Spawns are better IMO than in MW3, though far from perfect if you include the stuff that happens in Hijacked and Nuketown but that you can kinda understand due to map size. Revenge spawna are still there, that i do not like.

Level 7

in reply to t-fibby

Dude, many times the enemies that I killed respawned like 20 meters behind me... What the fuck is that

Level 1

in reply to Emazyo

Yeah i agree it's far from perfect, i just joined a match that was half way done, got killed right of spawn 4 times in a row. Followed by a host migration, got host and got killed thanks to lag 3 times in a row and then backed the ef out.

So far i've not had that many bad spawns, excl. the example above. As long as CoD maps are this small and they incorporate revenge spawns and "spawning back into action", where are gonna get some bad spawns regardless what they do.

Level 7

in reply to t-fibby

yea its laggy as hell. Using hotel internet 20mb down and 8mb up with moderate nat. I use my personal 4 g connection and works for a bit just fine than goes to lag.. and that connection is 12 down 6 up. verizon..

Level 19

in reply to t-fibby

I'll add my two cents that the lag compensation (or lag full stop) is terrible. It's actually a mission to get a positive K/D in a match at the moment as most of my enemies appear to be a good 1 second a head of me in game time.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to t-fibby

Lag is OK right now.

I'm more worried about my PS3 freezing. 2nd time today it's done a full freeze.

Level 9

in reply to t-fibby

I've had awful connection issues since I got it at midnight.. wasn't sure if it was my connection or I just sucked, which given is a part of it however when I empty my clip in to someone and they kill me in a shot or two something is wrong...  Glad to here it wasn't just me

Level 3

in reply to AshKillem

We all suck sometimes, but unfortunately it seems they have released yet another title where the amount of latency decides who gets to own and who doesn't. I'm not gonna even try the league play if the connections are not fixed.

Level 7

in reply to t-fibby

Game certainly went to Hell over the late morning. I'm getting hit with huge lag spikes, I think it might have to do with the freezing issues

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I get these if someone joins during a match, similar as in MW3 but worse.

Level 7

Studios