Gameplay advice to all: Express your own.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Gameplay advice to all: Express your own.

in reply to xMr_Brightside

i dont use laser ever this may come to use as a but i can hipfire with any weapon really well

Level 24

in reply to xMr_Brightside

xMr_Brightside:

"Run away from fights you can't win. No point peeking back out if you are badly wounded and the guy has a TF LMG."

This ^^

I keep telling myself to follow this tip - but it's just too difficult. I know I have an SMG or an AR - but the enemy is Sniping or has an LMG (half-away across the map, head-glitching) - I know I'm hurt (my screen is red) and it makes no sense to peek back & try shooting. But 8 out of 10 times - I do exactly that. And get killed. But the other 2 out of 10 times I do back-out of gun-fights, I simply forget what happened next (it's only the deaths that seem to be retained in my memory lol).

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

lol same here i dont like backing away from a gun fight even if my screen is all red and there are three enemies something just makes me get out there and get myself killed lol

Level 24

in reply to Izjar11

I would love to use Dexterity, but Engineer comes first for me, with Tac Mask close behind.  Using Stock properly by ADSing corners/choke points as required beats Dexterity/Quick Draw.  A gun already aimed will get shots off faster than any gun brought up to aim/shoot.  An ADS gun will also beat hip-fire most times simply out of better accuracy down the sights.

Mr. Brightside makes another great point about running from a fight.  My KDR would be MUCH higher if I didn't get into low percentage gunfights.  "Yeah, I think I take that yonder Sniper out of his head glitch in the window with my Scorpion!"  If you don't have an advantage in a gunfight you are about to get involved in, think about what you can do to turn things to your advantage.  Instead of charging at the guy blindly, see if there is a different route you can take to flank or at least see the guy from an unexpected angle.

Level 12

in reply to Izjar11

IMO - the *single* most important point one must *ALWAYS* remember is:

Play to your weapon & play to the particular game (connectivity, lag, other players' play style).

If you're on Nuketown & want to level up DSR - don't just go prone & wait for 40 seconds or 2 minutes. If you're on Drone with an LMG on HC TDM - don't try to "rush".

Other points that I've learned from this forum:

Anti-Streak Class: I have ONE class dedicated to destroying enemy scorestreaks. If I'm taken out by a Guardian or Sentry - I immediately switch to this class. I set it up with EMP, Black Hat, SMAW and an LMG - with Scavenger  (to resupply when taking out a difficult-to-destroy scorestreaks) & Fast-Hands (to quickly switch between weapons-equipments).

This way - I free up 1 or 2 slots on the remaining 9 classes & don't have to use either of these items. Of course - it also means I can't be the "first one" to destroy every UAV, C-UAV & Stealth Chopper - but I always like to give my team-mates a chance (now that I got my launchers diamond .. lol) before doing it myself

Stupid Team-mates: There's always going to be *that guy* once every 10 or 20 (or 100) games you play (especially if you play HC games). In such cases I would either a) leave the match (especially if the annoyance makes the match unplayable for me) or b) Avoid the crazy person. In 99% of the scenarios I don't indulge or entertain such maniacs by working with or against them.

Annoying enemies: Again - every few matches - you're going to find one enemy player that runs around with a Ballistic-Knife / Cross-bow / Pistol, etc. Remember that they may be trying to level-up the weapon (even if they have diamond - the weapon may not have levelled to MAX Prestige). If I get constantly killed by Cross-bow - I will switch to a class with Flak-Jacket - and with a decent weapon, I will be able to not just survive the Cross-bow - but also to take out the player.

Not-playing-objectives: a) You may see that 90% of your team mates are not playing the objective. Don't lose hope - just hang around there (IF you are able to play well & are enjoying the game). If you get a higher scorestreak - things may just turn. I've seen this happen a few times (when one player calls in a K9 or even a VTOL - suddenly the team that was holding 0 flags now dominates with all 3).

b) Play the objective, by all means, but play smart. If you're trying to cap B - know that without Flak-Jacket and proper support - chances are you'll get killed (& feed an enemy scorestreak). Approach an objective with caution - look for tangos behind covers - don't just run in a straight line to the objective (even if 5 of your team mates are doing exactly that).

Situational Awareness: If you see a bunch of "skulls" - friendly units killed in an area - approach with caution. Sometimes when my connection is bad - I will simply avoid that area & find an alternative route to my destination. Also - use objects on the map to your advantage. If you see an enemy behind the truck near B-flag on Yemen but they're head-glitching - don't worry, just blast that truck & the enemy will die. Same applies for the vehicles on Raid near the B-flag. Sometimes I don't even bother looking for an enemy - just put my RPG on the vehicle - and it gives me kills.

My $ 0.02.

MN

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to mn7_la1

very good advice mn7, thanks for sharing.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

In the eternal words of Sun Tzu 'all warfare is based on deception'. Play the metagame, don't blindly charge into gunfights go in with a plan, outsmart your opponents.

Level 23

in reply to BukLau101

can u carve out a plan for me cause im one of the reckless players

Level 24

in reply to Izjar11

At the start of a domination game skip the A or C flag and run straight to the B flag. The enemy team won't be expecting you to be at the flag so quickly. They'll run straight at you and you can kill them for 200 capture points each and cap the flag easily.

Level 6

in reply to Izjar11

Here is another quote from a very famous roman commander, governor which I find interesting when referring to this game:

The greatest enemy will always hide in the last place you would ever look

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios