Game lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Game lag

I'm not referring to the LAG that people usually complain about, but I don't know what else to call it.

Example: I know a player is about to round a corner, so I lay prone and take aim. That player comes around the corner and the split-second I see him, I'm pulling the trigger. However, somehow, before 1 round leaves my gun. He kills me. I'm left there with my jaw open thinks how the heck did he do that? He had to know EXACTLY where I was.

But...

I watch the kill-cam, and he rounded that corner. Had time to spot me, raise the gun, take aim, and fire. From his perspective, he had a second or two to take action. More than enough time.

Does this make sense? Does this happen to you?

Level 4
9 REPLIES

Re: Game lag

in reply to iHuntU1

Yes this happens to me. Welcome to Black Ops 2!

Level 13

in reply to BuddyVA

Blops 2 ??? Welcome to Call of Duty in general

Level 19

in reply to iHuntU1

You are finally understanding what LAG is. You always thought LAG would be skipping frames or ruber-banding you to place right?

Level 10

in reply to s_paw1

Yeah, I was thinking that the lag was the rubber-banding and chopyness of the screen, but I guess not. As long as this happens equally (because I'm sure I've been on the other side of this) I guess it's ok. It still sucks when you think you've got the jump on someone and they get you. Oops.

Level 4

in reply to iHuntU1

Every damn time...not to mention the ghost-killcam then -.-

Level 10

in reply to iHuntU1

That is latency, the game is delayed longer for you than him. Why? Multiple answers, none will provide solace.

One way I reduced latency was leaving my searching on "Normal" from best.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

It always had happen but lately is horrible.

Specially during Fridays-Sundays (guess a lot of users might feel beast during those days I guess)..

Its literally like 1 second on my screen is like 2-3 seconds on others screens: I would like to understand it some day, seriously..

You gave a great exemple, lately 75% of my deaths are like that... But if they are on same place as me (we) they shouldnt be 2 seconds ahead (Imean, seriuously, those 2 econds of difference make it has we shouldnt be on same place)

Level 9

in reply to iHuntU1

happens to me alot! it always seems to be the same player its happening with too. i always call them hakers lol. kids find ways to get an advantage, so i assume it is that.  why would it not happen with every other player on their team too?   fishy fishy fishy....

Level 1

in reply to iHuntU1

It has gotten a little worse since 1.09...just like it has with each successive patch as treyarch continually and inexplicably tips the scales of balance away from me.  

Level 20

Studios