GHOST impacting LAG

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: GHOST impacting LAG

in reply to mn7_la1

I can't believe Ghost has such performance impacting calculations. It can't be too stressing to check if someone is moving at a certain speed.

Actual things that affected performance were stuff like shotguns in MW3 (IW admitted it, you can see frame drop clearly in Striker Infected) or Napalm Strike in BO (comparable to a power point slide show).

Level 7

in reply to neetlife

Well..this is kind of similar to the concern about "theatre" being implemented in Black Ops.

I remember people blaming the theatre mode on the lag problem because the game basically had to reccord every single players movement in every single game. That has to be pretty heavy, doesn' it? And they seemed to fix BO for the most part.

Everyone be patient...let's see what patch 1.04 does.

Level 1

in reply to XxShelboxX

Shelbox,

I don't beleive I'm being impatient - it's just a POV. The "Theatre" recording has to take some amount of band-width - that's a given. However, it needn't be real-time - as in after the game has completed, information can be shared between the various systems. [Have you noticed, both in MW3 & BO2, that if there was a host-migration, the theatre recording is either missing or split into 2 recordings - it's because the host changed & the theatre-info wasn't immediately sent to the other systems]

For actual game-play items, the host has to send real-time info to all the other systems and this info has to get stored somewhere. In all possibility, "Theatre" mode is not real-time (unlike CODCasting). I don't believe there will be too much of calculation or processing required for the CODCasting feature either - mainly because it simply relays the information across to one or more locations - it doesn't have a timer & it doesn't have any logic or calculations involved.

MN

Level 11

in reply to neetlife

neetlife,

It's not checking for just the co-ordinates & the timings of the 1 player using Ghost. It' checking that & when the timer lapses, the host has to send down the info to the enemy team if UAV is up.

I already ceded that I'm not a professional in the advanced-graphics performance-testing area - I earn a livelihood only as a programmer (& not on any graphics-intensive app either).

May be, like you say, it doesn't matter much. Or, may be it does.

MN

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to mn7_la1

Its all the Guardians that are placed on the small maps at the same time thats causing lag!!

LOL

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

very funny !!

Level 11

Studios