Footsteps [Patch]

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Footsteps [Patch]

in reply to ShardTWN

Damn right   With OP smg and knife kids don't need anything more!

Level 3

in reply to SHoXParadox

They did everything to shift the balance from my old prefered class (BO -> Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro, semi-automatic assault rifle with silencer) to my arch-nemesis class (lightweight, steady aim, sleight of hand, SMG). Then they shifted maps from the layout of Array, Discovery or Hazard to the like of Nuketown, Firing Range and Stadium.

As if it weren't bad enough already they also thought to combine the lag compensation and connection problems of MW3 and BO into a single game.

Great job, well done.

Level 13

in reply to SHoXParadox

Play hardcore, much less chaos with shooting (objectives anyway) so you can hear. I use it in HC  CTF  and it works great.

Level 3

in reply to SHoXParadox

I think base volume of footsteps should be increased ~50% and then w/ Awareness you should hear footsteps another 50% louder, but with Dead Silence your footsteps are silent to people w/o Awareness, and at 50% volume to people with it, so they CAN hear you but difficult to.

Also you couldnt turn off music in MW3, not sure what youre talking about :l

Level 1

I do only play Hardcore, you're right though that it's far worse in softcore.

To be honest I need to use both Dead Silence and Awareness to get the same footstep volume / sound that I had in Black Ops with Ninja.

I can't hear anything above my sounds or those of my teammates (which seem to be as loud as in BO) without Dead Silence and I can't hear footsteps, even without moving, without Awareness.

Level 13

in reply to SHoXParadox

Strange with my TB's I hear everyones foot steps with out any problem once they are within 20 feet of me.

I think the real problem that most are having is the fact that the perk no-longer lets you hear them at 100 feet plus as in past games. You basically could hear the enemy nearly across the map coming at you. Now it only works for about 20 feet. which really is the better way.

Level 70

Studios