Finally started getting Swarms.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Finally started getting Swarms.

This thread might make me sound like a noob to some, but I finally have a good system down and thought I'd share. I'm prestige 9 right now, and used my last two tokens on the Orbital VSAT and Swarm. I played last night and during the last hour I got 3 Swarms on 6v6 domination (Overflow, Plaza, and Slums). The key is to get 2-3 captures, and about 6 kills. Once you have a VSAT it's easy mode, and you can rush like a maniac while getting multi-kills with C4 and an SMG.

I use a trophy system since grenades are spammed like crazy, and it's easy points. I always throw a trophy down on B if I have one, it'll sometimes get 100+ points (one detected projectile could destroy two projectiles, and cause damage assist or kill an enemy). A trophy system also encourages people to jump on flags if they aren't using Flak Jacket or Tactical Mask. Having a sniper rifle is good too, since it's the most effective way to hold the enemy back when the map is under control.

This is my class setup:

Wild cards: Perk 1 greed, Overkill

Primary: MP7, silencer

Secondary: Sniper rifle (Any sniper rifle will work)

Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Ghost

Perk 2: Scavenger

Perk 3: None

Tactical: Trophy System

Lethal: C4

Scorestreaks:

1st: Orbital VSAT

2nd: Lodestar (Any 12+ scorestreak works)

3rd: Swarm

If you struggle to get your VSAT then try my setup, it won't dissapoint on Domination.

Level 7
17 REPLIES

Re: Finally started getting Swarms.

in reply to offthewall21

Of course you are using the MP7. That mofo is OP.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Zorz0rz

It's not that it's OP, its the looks and the ammo capacity. The PDW is 2x better IMO, the MP7 just looks awesome with diamond camo and 40 rounds per clip is perfect. MW3 was also my first COD, so the MP7 really hits home and I feel good using it. I think feeling good while playing the game has a lot to do with how well you perform.

Level 7

in reply to Zorz0rz

what

mp7 is good at best

Level 8

in reply to Zorz0rz

are you kidding me? MP7 OP? LOL.. mp7 is shit in my opinion. i only have like 1.7KD for my MP7 gun. my pdw and msmc about 2.3KD and skorpion 2.4KD. MP7 is the 4th strongest or even 5th. 6th is obviously vector.

Level 9

in reply to Zorz0rz

Of course you would think MP7 is OP since everyone says it is and you keep getting killed by it.

Ever thought that you're just bad at aiming and/or the lag is in work?

Nothing is OP in this game except pistols.

As far as I know, the combat balancing in this game is near perfect.

Level 6

in reply to offthewall21

your playing with complete safe mode thou

thats cool that your getting swarms, but using a silencer, and ghost I personally look at it poorly.

there has to be a balance

for example i do use the target finder, but i dont use a silencer, id ont use dexterity, or hardline, or ghost, so i am very much on the map

when i see players use a silencer and ghost, it just masks their skill level IMO

Level 15

in reply to offthewall21

i would say that the secret to getting swarm is that you need to get lucky with connection.

this is my personal belief from experience, 10+ days on BO2

10% class/scorestreak setup

20% map knowledge

20% skill/reaction

50% favourable connection

if you get lucky with the connection, you will become invincible and people will just drop dead when you enter the same room as them.

Level 16

in reply to sdredger

True, lag is not good. This game hasn't been that bad for me though, I don't have the fastest internet so I'm never host but I always have a 4 bar connection. If the playing field (lag) isn't even, then it's nearly impossible to win gunfights unless you shoot them in the side or the back. That's where the VSAT comes in handy, it allows you to still kill the enemy even if your bullets aren't registering. It's probably the greatest scorestreak of all time and makes the game that much more enjoyable.

Level 7

in reply to offthewall21

orbital vsat is the goat scorestreak of all time but hosneslty i hate the swarm lol i got swarm like 5 mins ago and the entire team rages and one player joins who ends up dieng and thats the only kill i got with swarm

Level 24

Studios