Effective TF buff + Patch thoughts

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Effective TF buff + Patch thoughts

in reply to LeGenD_Of_BaDCo

Only reason LMGs got a buff in ADS speed is because a lot of people seem to believe that EVERY weapon should be run-and-gun weapons that can ADS quickly to anyone they come across and LMGs, of course, weren't made like that. Squad automatic weapons, even as they get lighter, are meant more for suppressive/defensive fire to cover squadmates as they move forward and keeping enemies behind cover.

Target Finder is just fine. Yes, it's annoying and frustrating if it's used by a (corner) camper, but otherwise, it hardly makes the user unbeatable nor will they win even a majority of their gunfights.

Level 24
Highlighted

in reply to Gerbera

I figured that was why they changed the LMGs and you're right.  That is a dumb reason.  I like to run and gun but I don't do it with a LMG.  People need to cry less and learn how to use the guns properly.

Level 69

When they said they added recoil to the FAL with select fire, people automatically think its going to be a sharp increase. Nope i used it and it felt fine to me. Plus i prefer reflex and quickdraw then select fire.

Level 17

Completely agree. The LMG and target finder was already the most overpowered thing in the game it's just that you didn't really bump into many really good players that used them. Most of the time you would see noobs using LMG's so it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

I've noticed mor and more recently having people camp on Nuketown just aiming down sight with their LMG and target finder picking people off in 2 hits across map, it's a joke.

Note this was pre-patch so now we will see even more of them and it's now even easier for them to get kills lol. It's actually ridiculous that they got a buff.

Level 2

in reply to Hutch_GF

People throw around "OP/overpowered" way too easily.

Compared to the ARs and SMGs. I'll see maybe 0-2 LMGs on the opposing team. Hell, I see sniper rifles used a lot more than LMGs. They're hardly that widespread nor is the Target Finder (again, 1-2 people on the opposing team every few games or so while the rest are mostly iron sights or Reflex Sight, with an occasional ACOG or Hybrid Optics). If such things were SO OP, wouldn't they be used A LOT more to the point of utterly dominating every single game anyone goes into? That's where the likes of Assassin Pro (MW3) go and such.

Level 24

"X" needs a nerf, aka "I dont use X but it seems to kill me a lot"

"Y" needs a buff, aka "I love using "Y" so please make it even better for me".

From the DV Tweets I've read, he doesn't care what we complain about or ask to be buffed.  It may inspire him to look into it, but it will only be changed if "the maths" (DV term not mine) indicates it needs changing.

On the one hand I wish people would just take the weapons, equipment and perks as they are and use what they like and leave what they dont.  But then with no public beta and what appears to be an incompetent development team then there are bound to be problems with these things. 

Patch 1.06 has nessed around with a lot of things that at the end of the day don't matter.  What it completely ignores is matchmaking, cheaters and the bugs which people have complained about since day 1.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

yeah the patch ruined the game even more before the patch I was always on 4 bars now I get 3 all the time and it seems people are teleporting around the map. I think it is caused by a lot of people livestreaming public matches. I don't think that was necessary

Level 11

Studios