Does the AN94 make your list of top 5 ARs all time? (long winded post)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Does the AN94 make your list of top 5 ARs all time? (long winded post)

in reply to RAMBONER

Raw data vs actual play is different. Statistically speaking guns match up on paper perfectly, however in terms of how they actually play its a whole new ball game.

The Scar probably has the most recoil of any AR in BO2, yet it kicks less than the Galil and Famas did in BO1. All guns have common on paper features, but how they play out in game is hard to compare

Level 9

in reply to RAMBONER

I didn't play CoD until MW3, but the AN-94 is a beast. My favorite AR so far has to be the Type 95. I didn't have the greatest connection in MW3 (at first until I got it sorted out) so killing quickly was a necessity.

My top 5 for the last 2 CoD's would be:

1. Type 95   RDS, Rapid fire, and stalker made dealing with me a pain in ass in MW3. To kill me, I either had to miss my first birst or get shot in the back when going tryhard with this gun. Didn't matter if there were multiple people in front of me. I had so many triple and quad feeds with this gun.

2. ACR   Enough said it's the ACR.

3. Fal Select Fire    I haven't used it since it was nerfed twice so that might change.

4. AN-94   It's probably the communities favorite AR in BO2 and one of my go to weapons.

5. G36C   An under used AR that was amazing but it had bad irons and an initial upward recoil that took a minute to get used to, but once mastered it rivaled the ACR IMHO due to the higher fire rate and better performance in CQC situations.

Level 11

in reply to RAMBONER

#1 all time is MW2 Fal.  That thing was my go to AR never let me down I have an awesome trigger finger (one of the perks of being married ). 

Level 7

in reply to LTSHiNySiDeZ1

ROFL

Level 24

in reply to RAMBONER

AN-94 is easily the best AR in Black Ops 2.  I used one of my permanent unlocks on it after my 2nd prestige (the first being the KAP-40).  My style of play is medium to long range so I like guns that can stay on target over long distances.  This is just my opinion, but here's my all-time list:

1. ACR - Modern Warfare 2 (decent power, almost no recoil and great iron sights)

2. M16 - Modern Warfare (excellent power and decent recoil made up for the burst factor)

3. AN-94 - Black Ops 2

4. G11 - Black Ops (similar to the M16, but it also had an excellent sight by default)

5. Commando - Black Ops (great overall capabilities, very balanced)

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to RAMBONER

Forgot about the G36.  Loved that gun and your right if you could controll the recoil it could hang with the ACR.  I actually liked the irons.  Was like a steroided out UMP45 that sounded pissed off. haa..

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

List of top 5 Assault Rifles (in terms of how good they are in game):

1.  MW3 ACR - Miles above the rest of the ARs, with exception to one other AR in this class.

2.  Black Ops 1 Famas - Zero Recoil.  Good rate of fire.

3.  MW3 Type 95 - Laser beam, even after the nerfs.

4.  Black Ops 2 AN-94 - Kills in 2-3 shots, recoil very predictable.  First 2 shots almost always on target.

5.  Black Ops 1 M16 - Killed in one burst.  Very Similar to the Type 95, but slightly less powerful.

The MW3 ACR is number 1, and it's miles above the rest.  That gun can be hipfired for CQC and beat out most other guns in the game, and it's basically an instant-kill at any distance.  Extended Mags + Silencer = death for everyone.

The Famas was the Noob-friendly weapon in Black Ops 1.  I thought it was great.  It was unlocked at level 14, I believe, and allowed new players to compete with better players.

The Type 95 was seriously overpowered.  It was a sniper at long range and a hip-firing shotgun in close quarters.  It would be number 1 if not for the nerf it received, which only reduced the damage slightly.

The AN-94 is powerful but not versatile.  You'll get killed in close quarters, but from long range it will outgun any other AR in the game with ease.

The M16 is my all time favorite COD AR, and second favorite COD weapon, behind the MW3 Striker.  It was unlocked early, killed in a single burst most times, and looked awesome with various camos.

Level 12

in reply to Community1234

You are 100% correct about the pre nerf T95.  That thing was crazy OP.  They should have left it alone and at least the ACR wouldnt have been the top dog.  Plus being a burst it took way more skill to use then the ACR.

I also completely agree about the AN94 cqc it is not a good gun.  On that note though most of the bops2 ARs are junk cqc with  the exception maybe being the T25 since it is almost a hybrid AR.

I had the first gold MW3 M16 that I had seen and I remember post match guys asking me what gun it was haaa...people were so hooked on their ACRcrutch or T95 that they didnt even try the other guns much.  The M16 owned the T95 at range which made it that much more fun to use.

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

must be a personal thing but i loved the simple iron sights on earlier ak47s and was hoping the an94 would just be the same but obviously isnt and i hate those things

used an AR nearly all the time in earlier cod's but none of the AR iron sights in blops2 work for me so tried the smg's and the msmc was nice had a lot of success with it.... then they started to nerf the gun making it still competitive but without the edge it had

loving blops2 its a great and different game faster altogether but i still miss my AK

Level 4

in reply to RAMBONER

AN94 = personal fav

!st thing I unlocked.

I have not used it in a bit as I am working on other ARs now, but I picked one and it was pure joy

Activision Ambassador

Studios