Does anyone miss real leader boards?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Does anyone miss real leader boards?

I'm not refering to leaderboards with out the boosters/cheaters cause it wont happen, but leaderboards that really represented a person in that mode. SPM leaderboards are really unfair to people who spend allot of time in a mode and cant be high on the leaderboard. Total score worked for everyone you play and get ranked higher like it should be. The more time you spend in the mode the better you would get and learn everything their was. Am I the only ones that miss these instead of people who barely play being ranked high?

Level 1
18 REPLIES

Re: Does anyone miss real leader boards?

in reply to sepheroithisgod

You are not the only one. All SPM says about you is that you are a rusher who uses high score streak! But I do understand why they do it because they would rather have you play League to show your rank but most people don't play League so its kind of a fail. Plus, it takes so long to start a match in league. lol

Level 10

in reply to CupcakeBandit

And all total score says is that you play that game mode a lot.  On MW3 I was in the top 2000 for demolition, but that was because I ALWAYS played that gamemode.

If player A and player B both have a score of 100,000 but player A got to that score in 50 games and player B got to that score in 100 games, would player A be considered better than player B?  If you're going by the total score leaderboard, they'd be considered equal players.  Total score leaderboard is just as flawed as SPM leaderboard.

The problem with leaderboards is that everyone wants it to be based on the stat that they feel is the best in determining a good player (which coincidentally is usually the stat that puts them highest on the leaderboards).  Since people disagree on what that magical stat is, you're never going to please everyone.

Level 1

in reply to DarrenT24

No total score works better if he got there in less time good for him which shows it works for both sides, but its fair to everyone. Its based on a stat everyone has the same chances of getting high. If you play the mode allot its only natural you will be ranked high no? If you want to check out which is the better player thats what KDR is for spm does not tell you if the player is good only that he rushs allot.

Level 1

Maybe I'm not understanding the point of leaderboards.  I thought the point of leaderboards was to show how you match up to others that play that same gamemode.  Why wouldn't someone want that to be based on skill?  Total score doesn't convey skill based on the example I gave.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to DarrenT24

No leaderboards do not show skill unless its by kd. A game mode leaderboard should be based on how much you play I'm sure you will agree the more you play a mode the better you really are. It may not be the biggest difference but your better due to the experience. You learn all the tricks to the game mode and become a force to be reckoned with in that mode which is why total score is an accurate representation of all players in that game mode.

Level 1

sepheroithisgod wrote:

I'm not refering to leaderboards with out the boosters/cheaters cause it wont happen, but leaderboards that really represented a person in that mode. SPM leaderboards are really unfair to people who spend allot of time in a mode and cant be high on the leaderboard. Total score worked for everyone you play and get ranked higher like it should be. The more time you spend in the mode the better you would get and learn everything their was. Am I the only ones that miss these instead of people who barely play being ranked high?

Agreed

Level 31

yup SPM says nothing.

Level 27

Not really the leaderboards for me are meaningless because even if you are a super beast and are number one ranked in that game mode, wait untill the end of the life cycle where boosters and glitchers pump you down the list. sure its annoying to see people who are fresh at the game or people who reset stats to be placed higher but me with my lower spm will still beast on them. Plus, I've had games where I do look at the leader boards and people with much lower spms are giving me a run for my money.

Level 6

I miss the old leaderboards... Now if you check the top players there's a guy in TDM leaderboards that has 75-0...

Level 3

Studios