Do boosters even get banned?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Do boosters even get banned?

I feel that they dont even get banned unless they do it a lot is this true? Thoughts on this topic please

Level 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do boosters even get banned?

in reply to ATVIAssist
Solution
‎19-06-2013 11:04 AM

I have a suspicion that most reports the security team receives are false, unfounded claims.

Too many people are too quick to hit that report button on people they suspect without any investigation.  Pretend that any time you report a player somebody will get banned, you or them. If your report is true, they get banned; if you make a false report, you get banned.

Level 8
29 REPLIES

in reply to Ktbffh

I've kept track with quite a few that have still yet to be banned.

Level 1

in reply to RobBobtheCornco

they do not get banned ive got 2 people that i know about on my friends list and they boost all the time they even report each other alot just for fun but 7 months on there still not banned

Level 12

in reply to eleven1181

So I guess they dont get banned right?

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Ktbffh

Only when a developer is really bored.

Level 4

in reply to Ktbffh

I dont think they ban people; my reasoning for this is that on previous forums, every day you had someone complaining that they had been reset and it wasnt them it was there mate I havent seen any on here!

Of topic slightly how can you follow a player from one lobby to another, tell you why i ask, the other day caught two boosters (who i reported) and they quickly backed out. I joined another lobby and there they were again, I called them out again but lost them when they backed out. Would love to follow people who do this and keep calling them out.

Level 1

in reply to staffies

There has been one or two of those types of threads, but you're right, nowhere near as many as in previous CoD.  From the developer perspective, I dread to think how many reports they get daily, it would demand a huge amount of resource to take the appropriate action in good time.  What annoys me is the boosters and cheats do it in public lobbies spoiling the matches for the legit players.  Had a match last nght with three different sets of boosters, taking six out of twelve player slots.  Ridiculous, but all you can do is report, leave lobby and hope the next one has legit players.

To answer your off topic question.  It all depends how many players are online and playing the game type with the same preference settings as you.  I had a guy following me from lobby to lobby one night (all he did was follow and annoy his team mates instead of playig the game).  I left the lobby and started a new match only to find he appeared again, and then again.  When I saw him again the following day I switched preference and haven't seen him since.

Level 38

in reply to Ktbffh

Ktbffh wrote:

I feel that they dont even get banned unless they do it a lot is this true? Thoughts on this topic please

They do get banned. Its just not as quickly as we would like, but it happens all the time.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

As you can see, I can finally login again!  Can't read your PM though so not all fixed!

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

sennalike wrote:

As you can see, I can finally login again!  Can't read your PM though so not all fixed!

Oh boy, this website was giving me issues and redirecting me the other day.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios