Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinked?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Did the HE pre-subscribers just get hoodwinked?

Heck yeah, keep bumping it until we know treyarch hears you!

Level 8

Solution
‎27-11-2012 05:26 AM

definatly feeling cheated. the season pass was never mentioned until after HE/CE were sold out.2 coins and a pretty box is not what we bought these editions for. it was for NTZ. the $20 would have been worth it if it was like the BO1 HE where the w@w maps were'nt released to the rest of the public til the end of the games life. almost what 2 years after games release.

Level 3
Highlighted

After reading that I think I may have got lucky (ish)

I just bought the game 3 days after launch for £37.99 it was a NT 2025 edition, so I did not need to pre-order (I never pre-order)

I think I will pick and choose the maps I want, I may buy all of them if the game is sorted performance wise.

The thing that really confused me was in the season pass information:

" Check for availability " ??  ( it's DLC! How can they run out?)

Level 20

About that nuketown.. I preordered normal version (it was 50e) and i got it two days late so the webstore i ordered from, gave me an extra code to download that NTZ immediately after the release without any costs.. Soooo, I paid 50e for NT2025,NTZ and the GAME itself.

Level 5

in reply to Jampekoo

Nice...

But the DLC is still going to cost you the same even though you already have some of it.

Activision Ambassador

You did not mention the "Collectors Edition" in you original post rlbl?

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

I mentioned both separately as the HE (hardened edition) and the CP (care package)...

The main point I think I am trying to make is if one paid additional with the sole goal of getting the nuketown zombie map, they may feel cheated (even if only perceived )

Excuse my ignorance: was there another collector edition?

Side bar: you have not PMd me the clan tag workaround yet Smiley Wink

Activision Ambassador

ok, I will PM you later R.

I have 9 hours of work I have to finish, I also need to confirm something with my Co-Leader who set us up on Elite on MW3.

There was a CE via EB Games. Same as the Hardened I think?

Sk

Level 31

I don't feel cheated at all whatever they choose to do. I knew they was going to release it in later dlc which common sense would tell you if they was passing around the season pass before release.

I listened to the music which is like 49 tracks long. I enjoyed it along with playing a zombies map that hasn't came out for everyone yet. 20 bucks well worth it. 

I'm smart and think wisely before buying something and advise others that feel ripped off to do the same use the brain. Instead of bashing a company that sold you something. That's how things work it's your fault if you don't like it. Did it say exclusive only for H.E. buyers on it or did you add that in yourself before you chose to buy it?

On the positive side you got the game and do with it what you wish hate it love it play it whatever it be. It's a game. Not a house or car or anything of that nature. kids nowa days excpect everything to be given to them. LOL Welcome to the real world

Level 9

in reply to Spaceboss

Spaceboss wrote:

Did it say exclusive only for H.E. buyers on it or did you add that in yourself before you chose to buy it?

On the positive side you got the game and do with it what you wish hate it love it play it whatever it be. It's a game. Not a house or car or anything of that nature. kids nowa days excpect everything to be given to them. LOL Welcome to the real world

1 - It did not say it was exclusive, but up until 24 hours before launch.. it was the only advertised way. Good point, but you are not informed.

2 - I love the game and love playing it. look at the original date of the post... regardless of that, it is still a bit cheapened to have waited so long to let people know the NTZ map was going to be available in the season pass

3 - if one wanted the extras of the collector's editions.. yeah it is worth it. but going back to point 1: for those who did not but wanted the map, it was shady of them to change the details of the season pass only 24 hours before launch. Had the information been available, some people would have made a different choice.

4 - it is not common sense that would have released it. if it was a multiplayer map.. yep of course. But it isn't...

5 - not a kid... I am looking at it from a business practice issue... not from a "I feel ripped off" point of of view (although yes, some of the responses are of that nature)

Not trying to be argumentative as you make a good point... but just saying you missed the point of the original post.

Activision Ambassador

Studios