Did 1.03 screw up the lag compensation even more?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Did 1.03 screw up the lag compensation even more?

Since I've patched to 1.03 about 95% of my games were absolute shit. I was finally getting to know the maps, the guns and started to get my K/D up. Then 1.03 happened and it dropped from 1.51 to 1.24 in a few hours. I can barely get a positive K/D now ...

I'm not close to being the best player and my primary goal is to get objectives, so I don't care about K/D that much ... but this is just getting ridiculous. Everything seemed fine here with 1.02 but now I die with every fart thrown my way. In BO my K/D was around 1.9 and that was the first FPS I've played on console, so I know I'm not the worst player either ...

- Shooting people from point blank with a shotgun with lasersight in the chest: hitmarker, he turns around and 3 bullets later his MP7 (what else) kills me. On the killcam, it looks like I'm just running like an idiot without even shooting.

- Shooting first ADS in chest with any SMG/assault rifle, get owned by MP7 sprayer that aims for my feet.

- And on and on and on and on ...

Hard having fun like this, even if you don't care about K/D much ... Anyone else noticing significant changes with this since they patched to 1.03?

Oh, by the way: FIX IT TREYARCH!

Level 5
8 REPLIES

Re: Did 1.03 screw up the lag compensation even more?

in reply to esreveR1

Join the club,game was running smooth  pre 1.03,after it its horrid and my system freezes and that never happened before.

Level 1

in reply to v1br4t1ons

I guess I should be grateful I don't get freezes anymore (but then again I didn't with 1.02 either), but it's now more unplayable/enjoyable then ever.

Level 5

in reply to esreveR1

I wasn't doing very good to begin with pre-patch... just having some fun, learning the maps/guns...you know what I mean. But post-patch now that I kind-of know more about the game I am doing even worst.

Either everyone else is a faster learner..., or something with the patch affected something....

Level 8

in reply to Jake02

That's what I thought in the beginning: is my aim that off? Have they adjusted better then me? But I soon realised I couldn't be that crappy.

Just tried another fun game where it seemed to go fine again. Till the next round began: dying while behind cover and shots not connecting while they land a shotgun in my face from a mile away.

I'm done with this game for now ... Hope they fix it soon, 'cause I began to really like it when things worked normally.

Level 5

in reply to esreveR1

Suck it up buttercup ..

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to esreveR1

1.03 ruined the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its also stopped 'Best' serach preference working so i never get people from my country

Level 3

in reply to esreveR1

Funny...  I have seen no difference in my game play from 1.02 to 1.03.

From a connection base, 1.03 made things much better (funny the 1st game I entered post-patch froze as soon as it loaded)

Maybe I am in the minority, but happy days!

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esreveR1

OP this is exactly what i have been experiencing. I am pretty good player and whilst not to worried about KD i do keep an eye on it just to see but something has changed the game. Like I said I consider myself not a bad player but after patch this weekend i hardly went positive which isnt right especially as i opted for lower scorestreaks to help

Maybe after patch more people are online and the lag is becoming more noticable.

Level 2

Studios