Dear Treyarch, please advise on how to play Black Ops 2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Dear Treyarch, please advise on how to play Black Ops 2?

in reply to ehSnax

Shotguns need a huge falloff nerf. The Remington is one shot kill at easily 30 yards AMD that's insane,  not sure who the weapon designer is but he should go to a range some time and tell me how good a shotgun is at more than 20 yards on a large target.

Level 3

in reply to SillySaxon

I don't find the Remington has too far of a range.. the KSG I've been hit from very great distances and killed but it's very hit or miss since it fires a slug. I just find the Remington kills too easily right around corners without even going ADS first. I'll give it some more use and see for myself but I haven't found its range to be much of a problem

Level 2

in reply to ShardTWN

You might not like this suggestion but maybe you should try hardcore. All guns can be used and all guns kill if you're on target and get a few rounds off. Core is off limits for me until the next patch and unless you want to play moh or bf, hardcore cod is something similar but different. Give it a try you've already shelved it so you've nothing to lose.

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to Ss78_

I may give HC a try, all this rushing around getting a couple kills, then getting killed, then repeat that scenario again,  is getting old fast, even worse now that people have started running a knife with EXT conditioning, they can sprint across the entire map now....christ theres guys running all over Carrier, with shotguns SMGs and Knives only because they can run so fast, you spawn and already have 3 or 4 guys right in your face

Level 17

in reply to Ss78_

I might give hardcore a go. I've never really played it on any COD.

Do you get stomped by 6 man teams in it? (that's the main reason I play Merc).

Level 5

in reply to ShardTWN

HC is a different kettle of fish from core. There's way more mercs that use their mics but you still come across your campers and afk'ers. If you come across a clan or party of 6 it doesn't always mean they'll beast you. Catch them on a weekend and well alcopops can make them an easy target or a dead man walkin

HC can be slower paced but that's only when you're up against slower paced opposition as a lot of the HC players know how to beast core but for whatever reason made the transition.

It's more immersing than core and it's not as much pacman like but if you hear enemy uav inbound it's a wise move to take it down fast. Get your flak jacket ready though as a kill is a kill for some and they use whatever does the job. Get your classes set up so you can switch quickly to adapt.

Like I've said both of you have nothing to lose if you're fed up with core already so give it a try.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

SMG Hipfire has been nerfed so if I still find myself getting lolstomped with them 24/7 I might give HC a try. Thanks for the input and suggestions, much appreciated.

Level 5

Studios