Dear Treyarch and Community suffering to 'lag comp':

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Dear Treyarch and Community suffering to 'lag comp':

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

That includes "The Dark Side" you covered. I've had that happen, where I've literally walked around someone shooting at me while I'm reloading, finish, and shoot them. I can only imagine what their reaction was on the other end watching that kill-cam.

Level 10

in reply to TheGreat_One

Hi,

Without the developers acknowledging connectivity issues there can be little optimism from the customers that they can fix or are even working on the problem. Activision Support fields hundreds of questions and complaints weekly on the subject so acknowledgement is really a foregone conclusion.

I believe lag compensation settings are manipulated at the games release to be optimized for bad connections in order to increase the market. Gradual adjustment allow metered success to one connection while not alienating an already successfull one.

I expect a TU early next week, the new code will primarily address hacking issues. Included will be a slight adjustment to lag compensation. If MW3 is used as a gauge of the timeframe BO2 will take for my connection to be corrected, I've 9 more months to wait. With the PS4 release expected in October of this year, I'd get to enjoy BO2 for 1 month. Rather, I've decided to sell my PS3 before the new release devalues it entirely. Sony and Activision have enjoyed my patronage for the last decade... over.   

Level 8

in reply to TheGreat_One

They don't care.  They implemented the same lag comp system as IW did with MW3 knowing damn well what would happen.  The last true connection based game was MW2.  Black Ops was okay with connection but that was the beginning of the lag comp BS.  Earlier I was on a team getting pummeled by semi-xmas noobs.  They were all 3 bars and my team were 4 bars yet we were getting destroyed.  I looked at their k/ds and shit afterwards and they were all garbage and everyone on my team were 1.5 and over.  This game caters to the weaker side.  I don't care what anyone says.  I've seen it way too much. 

Level 6

in reply to TheGreat_One

Business is business... If they can package and sell crap they will. Don't expect any action on lag or cheaters while millions continue to buy their games and dlcs.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to absome

Well i will better off because im not buying the DLC....this game is shyt..........MW3 had lag comp problems.....i.e i could never stad anybody first.....l but fire fights were fair and i did well same with black ops 1............. But this has to be the worst pile of monkeys turd ive had to put up with........are you listening clearly not ffs fix the lag comp NOW.

Level 12

in reply to hyper72

Eh, in terms of lag comp problems (along with lag for others), I really see no difference in BLOPs II to MW3. The MP gameplay is pretty much the same as MW3 too; SMGs dominate most of the time with a few snipers, most of whom care more about quickscoping or trickshotting for YouTube than actually playing the game.

Level 24

in reply to TheGreat_One

In regards to "yellow bar" players usually ending up at the top of their respective teams, absolutely true. As I've said before, any observant individual with an ounce of intellectual honesty knows this to be true.

Level 20

in reply to TheGreat_One

Crap internet crap ping you are king.......Full Stop....

Level 12

in reply to TheGreat_One

Great thread. +1 on everything you wrote. sums it all up for me. Congrats on creating a complaint like it should. i know i've been guilty of coming on the forums, freshly killed thanks to their Network code and just ranted without anything informative just taking out my fustrations. I really do hope they change this eventually. i honestly play this game once every 2 weeks for an hour to see if anything has changed. To think after all this time and still no communication from treyarch other then their twitter monkey saying theres no problem. I hope they do realize and man up and fix this. Anyways cheers again on making a great post.

Level 1

in reply to 323Lakers

I've just been making Custom Games and playing solely with bots because bots don't get massive lag compensation, but can still play comparably to (or even better than most) humans online, so deaths I incur against the bots are actually FAIR deaths while the kills I get are ACTUAL kills. It also gives me a chance to actually enjoy earning higher Scorestreaks that I never even dreamt of trying to get online. Hell, it's tricky enough JUST getting some of the lower tier Scorestreaks due to the lag compensation.

Out of 20+ games I actually join, I'll only get 1 or 2 games where connection actually feels balanced and I go 17+ kills with 0-5 deaths (varying Assists) as opposed to lag compensated-filled games where I can barely hit 7-10 kills.

Level 24

Studios