Console Players - You need to fight for dedicated servers. Why aren't you?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Console Players - You need to fight for dedicated servers. Why aren't you?

in reply to Nallowz

I could've sworn it was said that BLOPs II would have dedicated servers and that Public Matches (random match-ups) would be based entirely on equal/best connection, and that League Play was going to be based on "skill level" (at possible cost of connection).

Level 24
Highlighted

in reply to Nallowz

As nice as it would be, Activision would have to go for it. They aren't going to sink anymore money into the game if they can't get an extra return. If they can keep the same broken system they have today, and get more and more people to buy the game every year, why change it?

Besides, after that 180k+ signature petition for Dedi Servers for PC on MW2 got them nowhere, I think people learned that petitions are pointless.

Personally, I've developed a very simple idea that determines whether or not I buy future CoD Games:

1) Does it have a Public Beta? No? Then No sale.

2) Does it have Dedicated Servers for Consoles? No? Then No Sale.

Those are the two primary factors that need to be addressed before I put out any additional money towards this series. I skipped on BO2 because they refused to include either of those things.. and surprise surprise, on release, once again, there were a lot of issues that would've been caught and avoided with proper testing.

Level 35

in reply to Nallowz

Why have dedicated servers?

They wont have all that of a much difference than p2p host.

Dont even try to mention lag comp as no matter what is used it is still the time it takes to register with the host whether it be players internet or a dedicated server.

Level 5

in reply to eXxcursioN

This game does not use p2p it uses listen servers which is different.

Level 70

Studios