CoD Franchise just gets worse.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: CoD Franchise just gets worse.

Watch the 3 videos linked in this thread and maybe you get a better undrstanding what lag compensation is:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200663544?start=0&tstart=0 ..The vids are not perfect, but for someone who is clueless about lag comp it might be better to watch them instead of reading a wall of text.

Lag compensation is needed, you simply don't understand what it is. The lag issues in BO2 are mostly caused by poor matchmaking and occasionally by poor host selection, not by lag compensation.

By the way BO1 and MW3 both lag like shit, that maybe is not your experience but many people had and continue to have extensive lag issues in those games too.

Level 22

in reply to BaxterUK__

I agree with almost everything, spot on.

I however do still enjoy this game, I mostly play solo either TDM,CTF or Domination and I do well most games even if my team causes us to lose.

I've never found much of a problem with clans, I've yet to play against a full party 6 person clan team it's normally 2 or 3 with the same tag, which don't really pose a threat, although I played previous games with my own clan and dominated public games to an unreasonable extent as well as dominated the Gamebattles Team EU Ladder so for that reason I do believe that mercenary modes should be there for the option.

I do disagree with the scorestreak comment, taking into account suicides and rage quiting the average K/D ratio should be somewhere between 1 and 1.10, in this game kills don't contribute as much towards air support as it's score based, so it's harder in black ops 2 to get a VTOL than it was a Chopper Gunner in MW2 for example or any other COD game. So for the average 1ish K/D player it might take them 12 or more lives before they achieve a VTOL Warship at the very least which isn't a big problem also all of the killstreaks can either be hacked, avoided with blind eye, avoided with cold blooded and easily destroyed with an anti-air weapon. Having a class with blind eye, cold blooded, a black hat and an anti-aircraft launcher will solve all of your scorestreak problems.

Level 4

in reply to ashbashbluesfan2

ashbashbluesfanPSN wrote:

also all of the killstreaks can either be hacked, avoided with blind eye, avoided with cold blooded and easily destroyed with an anti-air weapon. Having a class with blind eye, cold blooded, a black hat and an anti-aircraft launcher will solve all of your scorestreak problems.

VSAT/EMP/Dogs say, "Hi".

______

Assault Shield - Full-length gameplays and commentary: http://youtube.com/ElysMustache

Level 4

in reply to Barthanatos1

VSATs and EMPs can be countered to a degree, most players don't really counter them though but then again the barely counter anything. VSATs: CUAVs, EMP grenades (I was actually surprised at how frustrating the EMP grenades were while I had VSATs up, since they last so long!), etc. EMPs: Hardwired. Not much to do about Dogs other than to go climb up somewhere lol But even the Dogs aren't as powerful as they were in Black Ops 1.

Level 18

in reply to BaxterUK__

I agree with you CoD isn't the best game but most everything that you listed has a counter.

Bouncing Betties: Engineer or Flak Jacket are must haves in this game, the FJ Tac Mask combo nullifys peoples bouncing betties shock charge combos. Also you have to have some map knowledge to know that people are going to put betties by the stairs by camp spots or on objectives.

Choppers: Killstreaks can actually be pretty inconsistent in this game. Like when I used sentry guns i could get anything from 0 to 7 kills, when I use the K9 unit I get anything from 4 to 9 kills, usually on th elower end of that, when I call in a swarm I get anything from 5 to 13. The stealth choppers are avoided by not going outside or having an air support class. In my pursuit of gold launchers I have an anti air support class that i switch to whenever i die by air support.

Clans: Clans can be problematic, if I'm running solo I'll usually back out, i'f I'm running in a party we'll usually put up a good fight, a easy counter to clans is to get in a party with people that you know and have mics. If you can communicate just like they do, you aren't at that big of a disadvantage.

Level 25

in reply to BaxterUK__

I concur

Level 5

in reply to BaxterUK__

I have one answer...The developers were drunk when they made this.

Level 8

in reply to BaxterUK__

i dont have understand all these problems you guys complain about they never bother me that much.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to BaxterUK__

I would add snipers rifles with NO sway, and little to no recoil

Level 17

in reply to BaxterUK__

For me the game works most of the time, perfect, never. for the most part everything there is to use in game there is also a counter for it. If your load out fails you all the time its time to change it up and will it work every match you play..no

My only hope is that when the ps4 comes out it will some how bring new life to COD..with the help of activisions new game engine they say they have...

side note: Watch dogs is looking pretty good. Its a toss up between black flag and watch dogs.

Level 8

Studios