Cheaters and Treyarch's unwillingness to do anything about it. Stop worrying about your sales figures and provide a quality game.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Cheaters and Treyarch's unwillingness to do anything about it. Stop worrying about your sales figures and provide a quality game.

I was reading online about the banning and suspensions for cheaters on BO2. If this is the case, why do most of the top 500 in the world standings have the prestige glitch and why does the #1 player in the world have 4 minutes of game time? Threatening these players is not working, actually back up your threats for a change. Your company has made billions of dollars off this franchise and you can't even pay some guys to police this. Have you read the forums? (probably not). There are thousands of gamers, like me, with legit complaints (not the whining kids) that are not going to buy COD games anymore due to your disregard. You have taken a great game and ruined it for money, I know that's the point of designing a game but you will sell even more and have much more loyal fans if you have some pride in what you produce. IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

Level 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cheaters and Treyarch's unwillingness to do anything about it. Stop worrying about your sales figures and provide a quality game.

in reply to smashly777
Solution
‎09-02-2013 05:32 PM

They gave us a report in-game function, and people are getting banned every dy.

Prove to us that the leaderboards are full of Prestige Glitchers beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Play the game and have fun. If you see a cheater/booster/hacker... report and avoid them. The fault lies with those who do it. There are way more of us out here than there are working for Treyarch, so justice is always going to take longer than we would like it to (See the legal system).

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
25 REPLIES

Re: Cheaters and Treyarch's unwillingness to do anything about it. Stop worrying about your sales figures and provide a quality game.

in reply to smashly777

I'm really interested in knowing what other people in this forum think about this. Please reply and share your thoughts.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to smashly777
Solution
‎09-02-2013 05:32 PM

They gave us a report in-game function, and people are getting banned every dy.

Prove to us that the leaderboards are full of Prestige Glitchers beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Play the game and have fun. If you see a cheater/booster/hacker... report and avoid them. The fault lies with those who do it. There are way more of us out here than there are working for Treyarch, so justice is always going to take longer than we would like it to (See the legal system).

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Prove it to you? Lol  Just look at the leaderboards, the majority of the top 500 have the glitch, and i didnt look any higher than that. As far as the reporting goes, how many people do you actually know that have the glitch that have been reset. I don't know of one. It's something that instills a false sense of security to the honest players so it cuts down on the amount of hate mail being sent to them. They aren't willing to do anything about it because their sales would suffer so they let these kids do whatever they want. Think about it, all they have to do is bring up the leaderboards and ban or reset everyone they see, so why aren't they doing it?

Level 3

in reply to smashly777

Where is your proof that they did the prestige master glitch, I think is what he's asking? 4 minutes of game time means he's hacking.

Incase you didn't know, the prestige glitch basically gives someone your account under a different name. You get ALL their stats (kdr, wlr, spm, weapon stats, game time, scorestreak stats, custom classes, camos, ALL OF IT) so the only proof is if you manage to get two people's accounts and have cold hard proff that they're accounts are EXACTLY THE SAME!

Now, I'm going to say this on about the 5th comment I've replied of yours in the last hour:

You are an IDIOT who thinks everything should go his way, and if it doesn't, then someone's either cheating, hacking, or the game sucks.

Level 9

in reply to A_Pig_that_flys

BTW, if you have xbox, I'll 1v1 you and see if you actually are as good as you think you are

Level 9

in reply to smashly777

From what I have seen, they have banned and reset almost every single prestige glitcher. The modded leaderboards is another thing, and they do their best to handle it. They reset, ban, and clear the modders on the leaderboards all the time. My main concern are the boosters that they aren't taking care of.

Level 1

in reply to xSFxKronos

what do you mean by "boosters" ? I know in bo1 on PC you could just join an empty Demo server and let your friend be on other team and just plant/defuse bomb over and over again. but how can you boost in bo2?

Level 2

in reply to Suntgata

Come on, you've played COD for how long?

Level 7

in reply to xSFxKronos

If that's so, why do I know of 50 people right now that have it and have not been reset and why do I see a quarter of all the people in the lobbies that I play in that have it. All I'm saying is that they should take a small portion of the billions of dollars they make every time they produce a new game and get these guys banned. The fact is, and this is my point, if these kids will exploit this glitch then they will do everything else that is available (hacking, etc). If activision wants to know who's hacking or glitching, its very easy, all they have to do is look at the leaderboards and reset or ban every person with suspicious ranking or score. If they permanently banned people for just ONE offense then this would stop, but they won't because that would cause a decline in sales, which is they seem to care about.

Level 3

Studios