Capture the flag challenge: Best/favorite loadout to maximize flag captures? Discuss

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Capture the flag challenge: Best/favorite loadout to maximize flag captures? Discuss

What's your favorite loadout to use for the Capture the flag challenge and why? Personally I've found that a few handguns in this game have incredible stopping power (B23R shown below), allowing utilization of it's increased mobility during flag runs while still being able to thwart oncoming enemies. But what I'm starting to fall in love with is the EMP Grenade, it's absolutely amazing at clearing enemy equipment as it has an incredible blast range, especially considering you can no longer knife enemy turrets/sentries/guardians etc. Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkPC3Rf_dw

Level 14
19 REPLIES

Re: Capture the flag challenge: Best/favorite loadout to maximize flag captures? Discuss

in reply to scratch_1_more

Well aren't SMGs as mobile as pistols?  Why not use those instead?

But I usually go with

1. PDW-7

2. Suppressor

3. Laser Sight

4. Light Weight

5. Wildcard Greed 1

6. Ghost

7. Extreme Conditioning

8. Wildcard Greed 3

9. Engineer

10. EMP Grenade

Edit: Actually using pistols wouldn't be a bad idea.  Dual wield or extended mag and I can fit scavenger onto that loadout.

Level 4
Highlighted

Re: Capture the flag challenge: Best/favorite loadout to maximize flag captures? Discuss

in reply to Hot-Wire

The pistols have a slightly higher mobility/speed factor with increased sprint, almost comparible to running with the stock knife, however the pistol gives you the ability to take on attackers vs only having a knife in hand. Not having to use a primary also frees up another pick 10 slot as well for another perk/nade/tact etc. But that sounds like a good setup that you listed, gonna give that a try on the next challenge.

Level 14

I mostly play capture the flag in league play but this is what I've found to be effective.

1. PDW

2. Suppressor

3. QuickDraw handle

4. Lightweight

5. Toughness

6. Tactical Mask

7. Perk 3 Greed

8. Extreme Conditioning

9. Emp grenade

10. Lock-on only launcher

When I play core CTF, I'd switch the launcher off for a 2nd emp or even a lethal.

Killstreaks for league (and reasoning behind no ghost): UAV, cUAV, Guardian

Level 2

in reply to _Scuba_Xx_Steve

Nice, I can tell by your setup that you take out uav air support asap, something I hardly see anybody do these days lol and that's the same scorestreak setup I run as well good stuff.

Level 14

well if your playing a defending roll, id suggest

LSAT or mk38

silencer/quickdraw/target finder

blind eye

toughness/coldblood

awareness

sentry gun

stealth chopper

dogs

Level 15

in reply to Err0r_6_

Thanks was actually going to ask about peoples defending classes, sounds like a solid setup What kind of equipment do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Level 14

If you're talking about individually getting flags, you need to use either only pistols or an SMG with Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning, no questions asked. If you're talking as a team, then you can really use any set up as the tactics behind capping flags are more important than the loadout.

Level 12

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

Well said. How about the shotguns, say the Remington? Good mobility and devastating power with OHK potential, 2 hit max in most situations. But overall I enjoy the freedom and speed of the B23R handgun though.

Level 14

It really depends on your team. There used to be times when I played CTF where the guy running the flag would be a fast as possible and the other 5 would focus on keeping the flag carrier alive. It was a team effort and the classes reflected those roles.

In Black Ops II I find the maps too random and dangerous to have a speedy class when playing as a random. You also have the issues with UAV spamming that other CoDs didn't have. Because of this I run Ghost and use the 870. With Marathon I can still move quickly but I also have the protection needed because my team will most likely encourage my deaths so they can grab some free points

Level 75

Studios