Can't Rank up in Black Ops 2 Zombies

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Can't Rank up in Black Ops 2 Zombies

in reply to ZomBossChick

It's not often I post in forums, but these posts are annoying me!

I'm no expert, but it's clear from playing for a while that the following is true:

Your rank is affected only by your KSmiley Very Happy ratio

The original person of this post claimed that he had:

Kills: 9080

Deaths= 195

Kills 9080/195 = 46.5 Divide your kills by your deaths to find out your rank.

Once this goes above, I think 50, you'll rank up.

I have around 60,000 and 700 deaths.

Mine is currently arround 84.5 and I have the skull with the knife through it. I got it after going above 80.

I guess when I go above 90 I'll get the shotguns.

All these crazy theories about how the ranking system are just that... Crazy. It's all pretty simple.

The tally marks represent the amount of consecutive days you've played. Stop playing a day and you loose a tally mark. The blue eyes are also lost if you stop playing for a day, they are not gained in any other way than playing for more than 5 consecutive days.

Your rank represents nothing other than your KSmiley Very Happy ratio.

You people are all so stupid it hurts.

Level 1

in reply to Toki_Amsterdam

You're wrong.  I've looked at the leaderboards, and for instance, someone with only 264 kills and 56 downs has the skull.  Someone else with 46 kills and 12 downs has the crossbones.  So your KSmiley Very Happy ratio has nothing to do with anything.  I still believe that you rank up when the game damn well feels like it, or you have to glitch to get another emblem.  Your stats clearly have zero effect on it.  Why call people stupid when you're the one who's wrong?

Level 1

in reply to Bengalhood

What is your round average? Do you leave a lot of games? I believe you're correct about one thing, K/D doesn't count for shit.

Level 3

in reply to Toki_Amsterdam

Ok, we'll let's do some more math. I have 35,000 kills and 30 downs. Oh gee, that's more than 1000:1. What rank do I have...shotguns? Oh wait..1 bone. See something wrong with your little theory there? Next time research your facts and don't go around calling people stupid. Idiot

Level 1

in reply to aimbawter

How in the hell did you manage a KSmiley Very Happy ratio like that?  Steroids?  Can I have some?

Level 1

in reply to Bengalhood

I just play town survival and legitimately get more than 1000 kills every game and usually only die once. I didn't have those stats when I first started. So when my Xbox live membership expired I figured I may as well make a new account. Then I just play every game the best I can and usually make it to round 30+. Nothing fancy, I just know how to train. Just thought I'd post my stats to get the point across that something is broken. Because ppl can tell u your 50:1 ratio isn't good enough. But I know that's not true, because when I first started on my original account, I was a 2 bone after like3 really really crappy games...

Bottom line, the rank system is fukd and obviously treyarch can't be bothered to fix it. They're just interested in selling a few more map packs

Level 1

in reply to aimbawter

If something is broken, then it's broken and needs to be fixed.

It still means people are stupid for coming to ridiculous conclusions about how it all really works.

The theories I've heard behind the tally system are laughable. It's simply based on consecutive days of playing. The same for the blue eyes. Stop playing for a day, you lose them. There is nothing more too it than that.

I had skull for ages then played one good game, got to round 30 with 4 and my rank jumped to the skill with knife, but I checked my KD and it also jumped a great deal. At first I was surprised, thinking, hey, I just jumped two ranks! How can that be? Then I discovered that the eyes are nothing to do with ranking but just how much you play so that's why I jumped 'two' ranks.

The stupid in many of these posts still hurts my brain.

Level 1

in reply to Bengalhood

NO ONE KNOWS HOW THE RANKING SYSTEM WORKS.

CAN YOU SAY BRICK WALL?

Level 9

in reply to bagnteaftw

And seriously, like I said earlier, you know they're laughing about it.  You know they're on forums like this, watching and cackling while everyone endlessly debates just how their system works.

Level 1

in reply to Bengalhood

Well, after getting 12k+ kills, I still never ranked past a single bone, while others with less than 200 kills and more than 50 downs were getting skulls like crazy.  I still can't fully explain what happened.  I guess I should have glitched to rank up like so many others do, or something, but it was clear that something had gone wrong, probably because someone else hacked my system (that's where I'd put my money).  So I carried through with my original plan and broke my disk under my boot.  I just can't abide being unfairly singled out for no reason. 

Level 1

Studios