Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Keeps Freezing My PlayStation 3 System

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Keeps Freezing My PlayStation 3 System

in reply to TheCalvinist

Could it perhaps be cause by the PS3 overheating? I had this issue for about two monthes near teh start of the game, on average once a week. Then it just stopped, no more freezing no more glitches (bar general ones) It was around then I propped my ps3 up on a stand so it did not get so hot.

~B

Level 3

in reply to Nameissnotvalid

I have the same problem. Whenever im playing myltiplayer (usually just team deathmatch) my PS3 randomly shuts off out of the blue. It usually happens in the middle of the match, which has become frustrating for when im trying to unlock new camos, and it shuts off without it being able to save any of the progress i was making during the match.

To make things more tedious, i have to restore all my saved dats every time this happens. Nothing has been lost yet, but i am concerned that i might lose all my Black Ops 2 data or other game data when this unexpected shutdown occurs.

I can assure you that it is not my console. I have a fantastic intercooler, and while my console might be an older one, it has never overheated on me.

This problem is only happening with Black Ops 2, specifically multiplayer. The campaign and zombies works fine, as well as all other PS3 games that i have.

Im not entirely sure what the issue is (what is causing my system to do this), but i cannot find a solution to it.

Level 1

in reply to LadyDezrok

Wow you guys atleast get to play multiple games on multiplayer.  I get one game and it freezes, yet when I play private matches or zombies I can play for hours.  

Maybe trearch shouldn't worry so much about 360 and making them happy and worry about other consoles.  We spend just as much as they do.  But they get everything working right.  Well minus the lag.  But that's to expected. If they really use the excuse that this comes with a new game and servers. Check Xbox. The you tubers never complained about this. 

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to waggs2402

they have a contract with microsoft which is why Xbox gets all dlc first and they pay for their xbox live which means their servers and what not are much more stable. not choosing sides because im ps3 through and through but im just sayin thats why xbox gets everything better,cleaner and faster

Level 4

in reply to LadyDezrok

Mine has frozen more than I can count.  Trying to play Kill Confirmed last nite with 6 of my LADY Clan and at least 2 of us would freeze on the "loading Game session" screen and have to reboot.  Oh and EVERY single time any of us would look at Player Cards during a pre-game lobby its a guaranteed system freeze .... PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS !!

I have to wonder if the entire thing is going to have a meltdown on  Double XP Weekend ?!

Level 1

in reply to LadyDezrok

And again a freeze. I hope some devs are going to die a painful and slow death. A$$holes.

Level 2

in reply to The_Big_Lebowsk

Mine has also been crashing constantly since release. Hard freezes. Yesterday was the worst for crashes, I was easy into double figures.

My ps3 isnt even a week old and last night it died. BO2 is the only game thats been played on this machine and now it isnt reading disks after the lock up last night. Whether BO2 has killed my brand new system or a faulty system i dont know. Im lucky the machine is new and able to get it replaced free or charge. Judging by all the replys and posts in these forums im guessing my machine WAS perfectly fine.

Level 3

in reply to LadyDezrok

Hello LadyDezrok!

I have the EXACT same problem just like you described, and also, i have the same console as you, ps3 320bg Slim..

There is this thread, http://community.callofduty.com/message/413548469#413548469 where i went to post it a few minutes ago, it looks like the thread is dealing with lockups/freezes..

Good luck to all of us!

Level 1

in reply to LadyDezrok

My system is doing the same thing, but also in campaign mode.

Level 1

in reply to LadyDezrok

I have the 120GB PS3 System Software version 4.30. My PS3 has frozen on my three times already when I am in a lobby waiting for the game to start. I believe it is happening as the game is about to start loading the map. I have to manually power down the playstation because the game just sits on that screen and I can't do anything. I am pretty sure that I will just have to wait for a patch for this problem to be fixed. I just wanted to confirm that this issue is happening to other players. Thanks.

Level 1

Studios