Business Law 101 ~ For New COD players!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Business Law 101 ~ For New COD players!

COD,

Today this forum has be engulfed with (I apologize) Ignorance about DLC release / contractual obligations / greed, what ever.

I am not a lawyer. What I offer below is my understanding of how a contract works and is not legal advice in any way, shape, or form.

Since it appears that some people aren’t familiar with the concept of a contract, here’s some background:

A contract is an agreement entered into voluntarily by two parties or more with the intention of creating a legal obligation, which may have elements in writing, though contracts can be made orally. [snip]  A contract is a legally enforceable promise or undertaking that something will or will not occur.

That’s right. A contract is simply an agreement of “here is how this interaction will work.”

I understand many who come here have no business law knowldge but know this most contracts have two important clauses of interest:

• There’s usually a clause that says something along the lines of “this agreement is the whole thing and supersedes everything else.” Basically, that means “it doesn’t matter what we agreed to previously, this is what we’re actually agreeing to.”
  • The other clause offers a way to amend the contract. It usually requires it to be in writing and agreed to by both sides. What constitutes “agreement” varies, so ask an attorney on that one.

So, throughout today's postings one of that things that has struck me as ignorant or odd – beyond the absurdity and ongoing secrecy – is their repeated offers to “lets revolt, lets stand up” and “make things right for the PS# player” without actually knowing what they are asking.

The matter of fact is that the current contract that gives XBOX first release WILL NOT CHANGE! This decision is not ours, its between two businesses who choose this as a financial gain!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
25 REPLIES

Re: Misguided Miscreants (Part 2)

in reply to Izjar11

I think you are going to need this........

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/MrMarlboro2009/Bang-Head-Here1_zpsbd905973.jpg

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

already done that! head hurts.

of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

To those who still are writing about DLC and XBOX Read this please.

of our training"
Level 75

Re: Business Law 101

in reply to Izjar11

we all know about the legality of it but activision as with any company should serve there customers equally and not say these people get it first because they pay so much a month for in what my opinion is a junk console. if you buy the game you should have rights to any and all game content they release. simple.

Level 1

in reply to CookyMonster420

Its shady but if you knew business. The ones who pay the most get treated the best, simple as that. I know it sucks, but its how business has been conducted for centuries.

Remember life is not fair, money talks, and oh yeah, its nothing personal, just business.

Level 13

in reply to Eye_Gore

Eye_Gore wrote:

Its shady but if you knew business. The ones who pay the most get treated the best, simple as that. I know it sucks, but its how business has been conducted for centuries.

Remember life is not fair, money talks, and oh yeah, its nothing personal, just business.

eye_gore its not shady, its business bro. They are not defrauding anyone, they are simply selling that one option to the company who chooses to purchase it, Microsoft choose to, Sony didn't.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to CookyMonster420

It is not because x box owners pay to play online it is because Microsoft paid Activision a heap of money for the rights to have it released xbox owners first.

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Microsoft paid money to AV - but where did they get that money from (or who do you think they're going to charge it to)?

IMO - it ends up from the pockets of XBL account holders. I guess MS is also compensating them a little (by allocating a part of that payment from it's own profits) - because their consoles aren't near as good as PS3 (especially considering Blu-Ray).

Just my $ 0.02.

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

We should pity them really for buying the second best console...

Level 67

Studios