Buff for Hard Wired. Make it also counter Orbital VSAT

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Buff for Hard Wired. Make it also counter Orbital VSAT

As a player of Black ops 2, the perk "Hard Wired' is hardly ever used by me, or other players online. In my opinion it should also counter Orbital VSAT.

At this stage the perk only does

> Makes player immune to Counter UAV

> Makes player immune to EMPs

This perk is simply not worth using at this stage.

The scorestreak "Orbital VSAT" can not be shot down and has no counter to it. When one is in the air I find players camping and pre-firing while they are looking at the arrows coming to them.

As an addition to Hard Wired I would like it to be able to counter the Orbital VSAT and it may possibly have more people using this perk as at this stage there are many perks to choose over it.

After a patch the perk should

> Make player immune to Counter UAV

> Make player immune to EMPs

> Make player immune to Orbital VSAT

I would like to hear feedback on my suggestion and thoughts about it. At this stage nothing is able to stop a Orbital VSAT as it cannot be shot down and there are too many people camping just waiting for the arrows to come to them.

Level 1
28 REPLIES

Re: Buff for Hard Wired. Make it also counter Orbital VSAT

in reply to Nacho99Cheese

No counter to the orbital VSAT? I can think of two (well, one and a half) off the top of my head. Counter UAV and EMP.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I think being completely immune might be a bit overpowered, unless Hard wired becomes the last unlocked perk. Maybe it should make the user partially immune. Instead of being a constant arrow, you appear as a regular dot (uav style, not constant) on the minimap.

Level 7
Highlighted

Bielsalmighty wrote:

No counter to the orbital VSAT? I can think of two (well, one and a half) off the top of my head. Counter UAV and EMP.

EMP grenading enemies to lose their HUD or EMP Systems?  Both work.

Level 31

If someone has a Orbital VSAT usually getting killstreaks is hard to get as the team is usually doing well. So countering a Orbiatal VSAT with a killstreak is not very realistic as you don't earn many killstreaks if the other team has high kill streaks in the air.

Level 1

I think that the only counter to the Orbital VSAT should be either to kill enemies to prevent them from earning one in the first place, or start running Counter-UAV's.

As for Hard-Wired...I do agree that it really isn't the most popular perk to equip, but it doesn't mean it's useless. Actually it's pretty strong, it's just outclassed by most of the perks in its tier because Hard-Wired relies on the specific situations, and not in every situation like other perks.

If I had to think of a buff for Hard-Wired, I would say to allow you to see your radar while scoped...great for snipers.

Level 3

Doesn't Ghost work as a counter to the Orbital VSAT?

Level 2

in reply to chris_sjbmx

No chris, it doesn't. And to the o.p., counter uav is your friend. Nothing needs buffed or nerfed.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to bighead14701

Good to know. Not that it matters, since I don't see all that many people running around with Ghost, anyway.

Level 2

in reply to bighead14701

I always run with cuav. I dont see too many of them (except for the ones that people get from boxes). People tend to like the scorestreaks that get them kills. But cuav is really annoying and really helps you and your team. UAV - CUAV -Lightning Strike is my usual streak setup. Im not good enough to get those high streaks. =)

Level 8

Studios