Black ops 2 broke my ps3

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Black ops 2 broke my ps3

in reply to mistermazzu

Just a short update: Sony Portugal told me I should contact activion.

Now guess what activision is going to say...

To all "fat PS3 users": Don't play this game until it gets patched! I've looked into several forums, including sony playstation Portugal and there are a lot of people with the same problem! Black ops 2 WILL DAMAGE your console!

Level 1

in reply to Pjammer

I am using a fat ps3 and its been running for me fine since launch day, so telling fat ps3 owners not to play the game on their consoles is not accurate.

Before you contact Activision  you might want to read the last paragraph, the one printed in bold caps on the second last page of the booklet that came with your disc..

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Read UnlinkedBobcat reply...

Level 1

in reply to Pjammer

Does he work for either Sony, Activision, Treyarch or any other company involved.??

I have not seen this warning he is speaking about, it sounds more like he is just going on what his 3 friends have told him.

I suggest you read the information i told you about in the booklet before taking the word of a random stranger on a forum who for all you know could merely be trolling you for his own amusement..

Level 67
Highlighted

in reply to Pjammer

You would think that there would be some kind of documentation in the book about saving the textures to HDD to save on the blu-ray drive but there isn't the book is basically a a picture of a controller and all the rest is legal stuff.It does say in the book refer to this manual for information on using the software.That info is game controls and how to turn it off and on nothing more nowhere does it even mention that you can save the textures to the HDD.

Level 5

in reply to Pjammer

you need to contact customer support they will send you a brand new one for nothing there has been warnings about the game effecting the fat consoles this game has crashe 3 of my friends consoles.and for the record battlefield 3 did the same thing i think has something to do with the new disc formats but im not sure.

Level 1

in reply to UnkinkedBobcat

I already opened a support ticket. Hope they will at least repair my console at no cost!

Level 1

in reply to Pjammer

So did Bioshock 2 kill my first PS3 then because the disc was in the drive when it decided to give up?

No It didnt

Black Ops 2 did not break your console

Level 2

in reply to MrSpaM

Do you think it's coincidence the thousands of console shutdowns reported here at the forum, freezes, having to perform hard resets and system restore with Black ops 2?

Black ops 2 damaged my console!

Level 1

in reply to Pjammer

Your console cannot break from resetting, your talking complete rubbish

Level 2

Studios