BO2 Beginner asking for Help on Aiming and targetting?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

BO2 Beginner asking for Help on Aiming and targetting?

Hello all.

I'm not new to multiplayer games but this is truly the first time I've delved into FPS titles, except a short foray in MW3.

Long story short, I'm playing on Sensitivity 4 which feels the most comfortable for me, and I'm waiting on my FPS KontrolFreeks, but although I've seen some degree of improvement, I still have issues not only aiming but maintaining said aim on target. I see people on Kill Cams that target me in a matter of seconds and very steadily as well, but I can't seem to manage to do the same.

I'd appreciate any tips on the matter since it's making a great game a tad frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm aware that practice makes perfect but I see people with barely any contact with the game killing me in seconds, so I'm sure there have to be recommendations I can use.

Level 2
23 REPLIES

Re: BO2 Beginner asking for Help on Aiming and targetting?

in reply to raikun

I actually play on lower sensitivity's myself because of the steady long range accuracy it gives you but recently bumped it up 1 notch because you need to spin around a lot in this game.

What guns do you like to use?

Target finder would be good for you but it limits your peripheral vision.

Level 48

in reply to raikun

Level 2

in reply to raikun

Until you improve at the game i would advise you always use the toughess perk as it will help in 1vs1 gun situations. Using the quickdraw attatchment on your weapon of choice will also help. Lightweight and dexterity will also be a huge help. Try to keep an eye on where your team mates are and learn the spawns. Be patient and play the objective.

And most importantly if you shoot someone and they run around a corner DO NOT chase them as you will only die. Play carefully and with time you will improve.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to raikun

Being able to play at a higher sensitivity will help if you get caught off guard by the enemy but it's not a must.  The biggest thing regardless of your sensitivity is to position your sights towards the area that you think the enemy will be coming from.  Gunfights are won and lost in about 2 seconds.  So the guy that was already pretty much on target before the fight began has the best chance of winning.  So when you are walking around trying to get to a certain part of the map, be sure to pay attention to where your crosshairs are so that when you do get in the gunfight, all you will need to do is make a slight adjustment.  Also if you know you are coming up on a common line of sight for headglitching be sure to ADS and be aiming at that spot before popping the corner.  This all takes a little practice but you'd be amazed how many more gunfights you'll win.

Level 69

in reply to raikun

PERKS, PERKS, PERKS. instead of "danger close" wild card use perk 2 scavenger etc... play zombies on rounds 15+ to get used to 14 setting on controller, DONT CAMP please.

Level 1

in reply to raikun

I started with CoD3/4 at age of 36 - and it took me a long way to become "quite skilled"!

In MW3 I used the first "Spec-Mission" which is a shooting alley to pass throug with high velocity!

I did it alone in less than 24 seconds - while 28 seconds were the target time to receive 3 out of 3 stars!

It helped me a lot to succeed in the game finally.

BO2 has "BOT"-Playing - so you can try to play a random match against "Bots" who have absolutely no skill (Private)... you have a long time then to aim and shoot...

Even if you meet players who are supposed to be "new" to BO2 - they might have been "Pro´s" in former CoD´s already!!!

Sensivity of your stick is also a point: 3 to 4 is fast enough - and also my "best choice" to keep the target on aim!

Finally there´s some perks and attachments to know to become faster and more precise:

"Dexterity"helps to recover faster from using melee strikes, "Fast hands" helps to throw grenades faster and return to your weapon - and it helps to switch between primary and secondary weapon faster; "variable Shaft" helps to move faster while aiming with any gun (especially AR´s)...

and finally: Sights attached on the guns makes it easier to aim on targets...I love the "Red-Dot-Sight" on my SMG or AR...

If you´re wondering why others are faster and more precise it´s 99% because they have more skill...

Sorry to tell you that... ;o)

Regards

Toby

Level 9

in reply to raikun

Play with bots, be alert and be quick and practice a lot. Unless you practice, I don't think there is any way you can improve your aim. Soon enough try out different weapons and attachments that suits you.

That is how i learned, except there were no bots. I started out with Free for all and was playing that a lot. I used the heart beat sensor that would show where enemies are and soon learned how to run and aim.

Level 10

in reply to raikun

1) Use an assualt rifle with silencer and keep your distance, move slowly (don't sprint), stay behind cover or edge of map, buildings, and shadows.

2) Put a little sticker at center of screen, making sure it aligns dead center of sights, and make sure your target is very close to it before aiming down sights.

3) straff left or right instead of turning to fine tune aim. (left stick instead of right stick)

4) train your thumbs to make very small movements instead of slamming stick to the stops.

Remember that most players grew up with a gamepad and it's going to take time to get remotely close to the majority's skill level. If you find others that are bad at the game, see if you can join some private matches with them, that way you'll have much more fun and have more time trying to get the kill instead being insta-killed. That's alI got . Hope some of this helps.

Level 8

in reply to mrtmb55

mrtmb55 wrote:

1) Use an assualt rifle with silencer and keep your distance, move slowly (don't sprint), stay behind cover or edge of map, buildings, and shadows.

2) Put a little sticker at center of screen, making sure it aligns dead center of sights, and make sure your target is very close to it before aiming down sights.

3) straff left or right instead of turning to fine tune aim. (left stick instead of right stick)

4) train your thumbs to make very small movements instead of slamming stick to the stops.

Remember that most players grew up with a gamepad and it's going to take time to get remotely close to the majority's skill level. If you find others that are bad at the game, see if you can join some private matches with them, that way you'll have much more fun and have more time trying to get the kill instead being insta-killed. That's alI got . Hope some of this helps.

I second these points especially.  As you develop your accuracy, you also have to learn how to stay alive, and to do that you can't remain stationary in gun fights.  Strafing left/right while hip firing or ADSing without trying to correct your aim (left thumb usually with default) will help.

The 4) point is also very important, there is high degree of aim-assist in this game.  If you have a light touch you can almost feel it pulling you onto the target.  When the enemy is in front of you, start to ADS with a lighter touch and watch how the aim-assist will put your crosshairs right where they need to go.

Level 12

Studios