BEST HEADSET FOR CALL OF DUTY, PLEASE HELP!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: BEST HEADSET FOR CALL OF DUTY, PLEASE HELP!!!

in reply to PaddySTFC

Yea I was going to buy Astros but could not bring myself to do it. I had read good things about the Sony Headset so I gave them a whirl.  I could not be happier.

Are they the best? No

But I would say you cannot go wrong with the bang for the buck.

I had TB DPX21s - They were good, until the left ear piece snapped. I do not abuse my stuff...  (side bar: I find the sound in the Sony's better than the TBs I had).

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

I have to agree rlbl, the Sony are good for the money you pay. They are one of the best headset around IMAO. I have never heard a bad word about them.

I'm just an ASTRO FaN GIRL and I have the over size ASTRO T-Shirts I wear to bed to prove it

Level 31

in reply to C4RLOS18

Hands down #5 in your list.  I bought mine a while ago now and have been pleased ever since.  Great sound, good battery life, comfortable and AFFORDABLE.  At 100 bones, you are not spending much, but you are getting a whole lot, plus it's made exclusively for use with PS3, so you know.

I would've bought the premium edition had they been out when I was making my purchase.  they look really nice and are only 50 bones more.  I;d say your best bet is the SONY brand, heaven forbid you find something you don't like, your only out 100 bones, and then you can man up and buy the $500 astros. 

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

I did try the PS3 ones, they are not that great for what you are asking for. The turtle beach Px21 is great. I returned the PS3 ones 4 hours after I bought them and picked up the Px21's again. They do have a wire but it is 10-12 feet long I forget which. But the sound is great. You can tell which direction footsteps are. You don’t have to look for the chopper to shoot it down, you can tell from the sound. It has chat, game, and base volume all three have there own control. And they are around $80

Level 12

in reply to C4RLOS18

I have owned the PX5's for around a year now and they havn't gone wrong yet. The sound on the PX5's can be tailored to what you want to hear as it has 8 pre-sets which allow you to boost the base so you can hear gun shots or explosions which can fully immerse you in the game or you can change it so you can hear peoples footsteps as they try to sneak up on you! I would recommend these to anybody, however as they are expensive the PX21's do a very good job for the money!

Level 9

Studios