Awareness sucks...missing my sound who***ing....!!!!LOL

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Awareness sucks...missing my sound who***ing....!!!!LOL

I thought that maybe even pairing awarenes with dead silence would improve but even with dead silence you can still hear your own footsteps, and it makes your teammates footsteps louder too, heck i can't even hear someone carrying a LMG walk up behind me...i have turtle beach px5 headsets and i've tried every setting and can't make any headway, just rambling...

Level 5
16 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Awareness sucks...missing my sound who***ing....!!!!LOL

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

I agree 100% and have another post on this where I test in a private game the difference between having Awareness and not in the same exact location.  No difference!  Sent messages to David V and many others and obviously they have yet to tweak this and may not ever if people don't start speaking up about this.  I LOVED using the similar perk by different name in MW3 and miss having this.  Awareness is useless until they fix it and that is why you RARELY see anyone use it.

Level 3

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

This is because the game was made with MLG player's suggestions, and since they always used dead silence as footsteps ruin the sport.

So they just took out footsteps completely. If you watch GBs by pro teams they don't even run dead silence. You simply cannot hear footsteps anymore.

Oh yeah you can also thank those MLG players for suggesting headglitches put at the end of each hallway and at each vantage point looking at B flag or whatever.

Level 7

in reply to Ezcru

Dead silence also stops your guy from announcing that he is reloading or throwing grenades.

Level 4

in reply to Ezcru

True that.

Level 2

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

Same headset same complaint. On previous games even without any perks if you stopped for a moment you could hear people reloading, running, firing etc and could tell which direction the sound was coming from. I cant even hear someone run up behind me on this game.

Level 7

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

The terrible spawns in this game make me wish soundwhoring worked so I could hear people who spawned behind me.

Level 23

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

Yep, miss sit rep pro but with all the arguments that went on in the mw3 forum re sit rep pro vs dead silence pro I can kind of understand why 3arc took the 'safe' approach and made it so that awareness is, more or less, a useless perk.

On a side note, on the rare occasions that you can actually hear someone it's amazing how much the ambient game sounds drown out footsteps, etc!

Level 3

in reply to mpringle2

did no one complain about the stupid ass quickscoping?? lol  I only hate it because i can't do it!!  freakin' bullet/reicle is 5 feet away but rest asstured that round hi me!!lol.....i always tell myself it's a game and u have to go along with it, like when a axe hits your foot=instant death..ect...

Level 5

in reply to WAR-ENSEMBLE

lol yeah but you knoiw its bull**** when you get with a combat axe through a tree on raid... lol

Level 1

Studios