Are Micro-transactions dangerous?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Are Micro-transactions dangerous?

in reply to Dan313theman

Map packs? I'm in. Extra camos? I'm out. The amount of time I put in this game I'm not too worried about what I pay. I'd be out drinking and spending more $ if I didn't spend a few bucks on this.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to Dan313theman

I'm not against microtransaction but when a developer decides to hold back on guns, maps, skins, and other when it should of been in the original game then I get upset. There should NEVER be a DLC map as an incentive to preorder. If the map has already been made then it should automatically be available to EVERYONE. Most of the microtransaction I find useless and not having them does not interfere with my gaming. It actually benefit me because lately I've been having an easier time spotting players with the cyborg camo. they are like a glowing target. lol

Level 10

in reply to CupcakeBandit

CupcakeBandit wrote:

I'm not against microtransaction but when a developer decides to hold back on guns, maps, skins, and other when it should of been in the original game then I get upset. There should NEVER be a DLC map as an incentive to preorder. If the map has already been made then it should automatically be available to EVERYONE. Most of the microtransaction I find useless and not having them does not interfere with my gaming. It actually benefit me because lately I've been having an easier time spotting players with the cyborg camo. they are like a glowing target. lol

Call of Duty with their last pre-order DLC incentive did it right.

• All launch copies in select regions included the DLC.
  • All pre-ordered copies (guaranteed launch copies) included the DLC.
  • The pre-order DLC didn't cost any additional amount of
  • It was made free in time.

If you're a fan and you know that you're going to play Call of Duty, then there's no real loss.

Level 1

in reply to Dan313theman

I don't care about the camos. If someone wants to waste their money on them thats fine with me, but if they start to add guns or perks that you must buy it'll be the last title I'll own.

Level 8

in reply to Dan313theman

I've read only the OP, I apologize if my post echos what somoene else already posted in advance.

The microtransactions are not dangerous in my opinion, and although I see where your coming from, I think youre missing a few things, mainly when it comes to the peacekeeper and extra custom class slots.

The Peacekeeper was part of the DLC. In a perfect world 3arc is hoping that the DLC and non-DLC players were perfectly split, meaning that someone who had the DLC (and the peackeeper) would never be in the same lobby as someone who didn't have the DLC, thus giving them no advantage. Obvioulsy this doesn't happen, however I don't think the peackeeper gives any kind of amazing advantage. Its a decent gun, don't get me wrong, but its not extremely powerful or amazing. Its simply the M27 with increased mobility.

The extra custom class slots give no advantage. You can only use 10 of them in game. You cant choose from all 100, once the game starts you are locked into choosing your class from one of the 10 of the current set you selected. Freinds of mine who purchased the extra class have simply used them to set up game mode specific class sets. So they have a set for Dom, set for KC, Set for TDM etc. Again you can only pick from one class set during a game, so again thats not an advantage, but rather it just saves time from constantly messing with classes in a pregame lobby.

By purchasing the microtransactions you are saying it is okay for Activision to nickel and dime you when it comes to meaningless aesthetics. You are telling them you are willing to pay to make your gun or calling card look cooler. That is it. I see no danger in microtransactions. Thats just my opinion though

Level 3

Studios