Any truth i this?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Any truth i this?

in reply to kaktusbear

I used to have a lot of lag whenever I would be the host when I was running on a wireless connection. The game would barely even be playable. I switched over to a wired connection and I haven't really had any lag at all lately, host or not. The game is alot more enjoyable now that I'm not watching people run in place or shooting through people.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to kaktusbear

It can feel that way and sometimes it works out that the team with the host does quite well but it's not a programmed feature.  I suspect that the reason that one team or another gets an advantage has to do with their latency to the host.  If the host's team has very low latency to him then they are going to be hard to kill.  Of course, it sometimes happens that the non-host team has the very low latency.  I actually used to notice this phenomenon more frequently that the host team would have an advantage in MW3 but it's still wasn't a programmed feature.  I would imagine that it was just a difference in how MW3 and BO2 decides it's team balancing.

Level 69

in reply to kaktusbear

When I am host I have God mode enabled.  I notice it.

Level 3

in reply to kaktusbear

The reason a party wins when someone on the party's team gets host is ... because they are playing as a party.

Sometimes being host is an advantage.

Sometimes being host sucks.

It's 50-50 at best

Stop streaming or using the internet in other parts of your house while playing COD and you will see an improvement in match quality.

Dedis do not solve lag problems. Run & Gun, I like your post except for that single part of it. My lil bro and I play BF3 all the time and the lag there is just as bad as it is in COD. Map rotation is non-existent so players can get really good on their favorite maps and less popular maps get ignored. Admins kill or kick you out of vehicles when you are kicking their arse. Matches can last as long as two hours. Scores and stats mean absolutely nothing. In fact, matches are nothing more than a big fat boosting session.

Dedis would be the end of COD for certain.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to kaktusbear

Isn't it great when you lose to a bunch of scrubs when they're all 4 barring to your teams 3 bar, then the next match on a new host you beat them and now your lag switching.

Level 12

Studios