Aim Assist Is Too Strong

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Aim Assist Is Too Strong

This problem exists on both sides of the game. Obviously removing AA would just make the game nearly impossible, but turning it down a lot is something I think is needed

Shooters Side:
We've all had it happen to us. Trying to fix on a target far away and getting off the first few rounds when another enemy cross the path pulling the gun off the target and into open space. Now that the enemy isn't being shot he follows the shooters tracers and...

Enemy Side:
Aim Assist is working beautifully for this guy. He sweeps across his screen and locks on. Normaly he would have easily ran his crosshairs past the guy shooting him but AA stepped in and kept it from happening. All he had to do was pull the trigger for an easy kill

Level 75
27 REPLIES

Re: Aim Assist Is Too Strong

in reply to Ghamorra

Aim assist, something that really should have no reason to be in the game. I've felt my weapon move by its self on ocasion and it simply tells me that someone just walked in front of me even through walls. I removed it and I feel no difference in firing.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

yup hip firing can be done even at medium range and well you can blindly walk into a room and spray away lol.

heck you can be aiming and firing at someone, that persons notice it and starts strafing, person starts hip firing, aim cant keep up for some reason, you die.

also should i get started about snipers not even propper ADS and picking people off lol.

heck some are even hipfiring the 1st sniper lol.

Level 27

in reply to Ghamorra

Have you ever experienced aim assist trying to lead your target?  I'll be ADS waiting for those red dots to come around the corner, but when they do, aim assist moves my sight out in front of the guy instead of letting me do it.  Now I'm fighting aim assist, so my first couple shot don't land.  I've just given my position away, and what could've been a triple kill results in myself being the only one to die.

I've considered turning it off, but I'm pretty sure it's helped me more than it's hurt me.

Level 29

in reply to Ghamorra

i think remove it all together, if it was removed you'd see who is actually good and who isn't.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

lag plus aim assist is what causes those "i shot him in the back and he spun around and killed me".

what happens is while you're shooting he spins around and his aim assist pushes your weapon to the side,  causing you to miss while his weapon locked on.

this is the "balance" people talk about.      if you're with an ar and you're in smg "range"  his aim assist will trump yours.

aim assist should only kick in when your sight is maybe one to two red dots from the enemy,  regardless of weapon.    that way you actually have to aim,   and are assisted only to keep on target.

the only difference between weapons should be mobility,   speed,   accuracy,  rate of fire and damage.    not "ranges" picked by the developers.

95% you and 5% aim assit will reward accuracy.  it's now 95% aim assist being trumped by weapon "ranges".

Level 1

in reply to Ghamorra

Atleast you all have aim assist. It doesnt work on my game and it absolutly angers me that people can just point in my general direction and spray and pray and kill me.

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

i love being traced through a wall because of the aim assit lol

Level 3

in reply to Ghamorra

Turned my off a long time ago when I found out that it was causing more troubles then good due to my play style... nothing like trying to kill one guy in this tiny maps (hijacked) and the gun sundelly go off to the horizon on someone else that just ran by and the initial person that I intended to kill killing me instead. I thought this was a type of feature that should be turned on and not come enabled out of box.

Level 5

in reply to jairumaximus

It can be really helpful in fast paced affairs where you having to move and dodge a lot, and can help at long range when trying to make those miniscule adjustments. However, when it's too strong you end up having BS deaths that you would otherwise not get.

I think about SMG users who do 180 spins and lock on to your chest and take you down with absolute accuracy, or the sniper who's constantly scoping in and getting triple kills almost like his gun is being guided by God himself.

It takes the fun out of the game when no skill is needed to do well. I'm all for helping out but it needs to be done as unnoticeably as possible

Level 75

Studios