Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Question: How are they targeting younger kids?

I ask because I want to see where this is coming from.

• Altough the single player is rated PEGI 18 i have still seen commercials during the day.

• The Gore and such that used to be in the earlier games have made placed for this colorfull stuff we have now.

• the level of difficulty tnx to aim assist has gone way down making it easier to pick up and play

• emblem and customizing stuff is something to attact the kids not mature players.

• All these camo things are not something the mature audience cares about.

• things like QS and dolphin dive barely serve the game play but it still got put in the game

• Actually to whole shift from trying to create a semi realistic game towards an over top arcade is a clear indication to who they are targeting.  Most mature players who started way back are starting to move on because the game is moving away from the way is was when they started to play.

• Smaller maps

• increased movement speed.
Level 27

Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Question: How are they targeting younger kids?

1) smaller maps cater to their instant gratification needs.

2) respawn right behind the enemy that just shot you for the same reason as 1

3) candy colored camo packs.

4) silly reticules like a pig, moustache and about 15 others.

5) easiest quick scoping to date.

6) DLC maps are all small - see 1

7) No negative affects of using in game quit method

8) No real ramifications to boosting

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

The fact of the matter is the community is supremely arrogant there seems to be this attitude from so many posters here that they have some kind of right as they have been playing COD since Moses and the Pharoahs and so we should burn activision and the game developers for the satanic creatures that they are that they havent made the game as I want it blah blah blah...

BORING stop moaning talk with your feet go and play a different game if you dont like it (yes yes the expected reply) "well I dont anymore" but apparently you all still have the time to come and post how messed up the game is...

Too be honest the lack of constructive criticism, the self entitled "well I've been posting here since COD Jerusalem so I am important" leads me to beleive (and hope) that Mr Vonderharr and gang read these posts and piss themselves laughing.

ITS A COMPUTER GAME anyone who would threaten the life of someone over it is just an idiot who seriously needs to get their own life.

Activision and Treyarch are laughing all the way to the bank with your money and frankly good for them! Just having to read the dribble on so many threads from the moaning arrogant kids here they should have your $60 even if you DIDNT buy the game just as compensation for the self important jumped up bunch of little internet warriors crying here every day.

Its a perfectly good playable entertaining computer game for the VAST majority of people unfortunately the vocal minority ruin this forum and then wonder why someone with the IQ of a slug makes some stupid threat and everyones oooh thats soo bad! You fed it you trolls! 

Level 6

in reply to Kothar44

None of these are strictly specific to children. And most of them can be heavily contributed to adults.

1) smaller maps cater to their instant gratification needs. Adults also have 'instant gratification needs', as a matter of fact that WANT NOW mentality is quite prevalent in the current college age generation - 18-25

2) respawn right behind the enemy that just shot you for the same reason as 1 - This doesn't have any bearing on children, and most wouldn't even comprehend that this occurs in game.

3) candy colored camo packs. Adults like these too.

4) silly reticules like a pig, moustache and about 15 others. Same as #3, adults like these quirky little art pieces in the game. I'm well into adulthood and I enjoy the 'silly' options immensely.

5) easiest quick scoping to date. Not to get into QSing, but it's not easy. My son can't do it (he plays matches with bots) and he's tried.  QSing isn't specific to an age group.

6) DLC maps are all small - see 1 Same response.

7) No negative affects of using in game quit method The biggest rage quitters I know are over 30. Again, this is not specific to an age group.

8) No real ramifications to boosting We have seen on our forums the ramifications of boosting. And like the other reasons you listed, the want/need to boost isn't specific to an age group.

in reply to jeepchick

Sometimes its good to be in the 40+ club, nobody picks on us....

And as for instant gratification "Remove icey cold bottle of beer from fridge, crack open, chug away"....... now thats instant gratification..

Level 67

in reply to Ghamorra

Well maybe if the game was coded properly then maybe death threats wouldnt happen

Level 9

in reply to dead4ever_uk

So you're excusing the death threats because you don't like how the game runs?

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

you know what yea because maybe if they did the game properly or actually talked to the community properly they wouldnt be in this mess would they its the gamers who play this game. if the gamers arnt happy about something then it is there job to fix it.

Level 9

in reply to dead4ever_uk

...That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Making threats on someone's life is okay when you don't like the game? You're pathetic.

Level 8

in reply to dead4ever_uk

This seems to be the normal mental state these days. "I wouldn't have killed the man if he would have just given me his wallet!!!! Not my fault."

Personal responsibility my friend.

Level 48

Studios