Absolutely unacceptable!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Absolutely unacceptable!

in reply to KGBspy

This isn't necessarily true...On some PS3s its a hard freeze of the whole system, not just multiplayer.

I really don't think it's the disc...I played fine on release and my system did not brick until the first patch.

Level 2

in reply to Epic_Kittah

Like I said, all other games run smoothly without any freezes, issues, problems on my PS3. As for BO2, campaign plays without problems. Zombies plays without any issues as well. The only thing is multiplayer. Like I said, it froze after one hour and 20 minutes after downloading 1.04.

Level 3

in reply to KGBspy

I am begining to think the disc is my problem, I got the game on release day and have had a few freezes every now and then until yesterday.  I played yesterday for an hour everything was fine, last night i go to play and the game will freeze every time i try to play it, the game will not load for me at all.  I try again today with the new patch same thing.  Today was the first time the disc had been out of my ps3 since release, it is spotless.  All of my other games play fine, i have tried deleteing the texture install and the patch, nothing works.  I am doing the ps3 system restore right now, if that dosent work i will try to exchange to disc tomorrow.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to KGBspy

Uk player.... Feel like ive been raped of £40 no enjoyment of any kind........after care 0 brains 0 able to sort out 0 future 0

Level 12

in reply to KGBspy

Meh...I don't know....game is working quite fine for me at this point. Been here since release night and it's now the best I've had. They seem to have gotten things pretty straightened out...at least on my end.

I don't know a lot when it comes to many tech things but I do know how to setup my router for PS3 gaming. I've also learned which routers work best for PS3 gaming and which ones are crap for PS3 gaming...I've owned a few of both! Some brands just don't handle gaming well...especially when it comes to shooters!

Level 4

in reply to TheDigitalDoom

still freezes for me but only when i exit a match, and once mid game. why don't just give all the CoD franchise to Infinity Ward, they seem to know how to make CoD on Ps3. Just saying

Level 1

in reply to KGBspy

I'm not experiencing any lag problems to be honest. When I played for one hour and 20 minutes (until freeze), I experienced small lag once during a match. Other then that, everyrthing was okay.

However, think about it. If the developers already had a solution to the freezing problem...wouldn't they release it? I am hoping that they are working on this issue as hard as they can. Afterall, they don't want to lose customers and fans in the PS3 community.

It's not my system, nor it's my disk. It's on their end-not ours!

Level 3

in reply to KGBspy

Apparently, they fixed some but not all the crash/freeze issues.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11300/article/black-ops-2-patch-1-04-now-live-on-the-ps3/

Hopefully, the next patch will get the job done.

Level 3

in reply to KGBspy

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/12/10/black-ops-2-patch-1-05-craved-on-ps3/

Just to let others know that it is still a common problem. Hopefully, patch 1.05 will fix everything.

P.S. What exactly does the word "upcoming" mean? How many days does it take for "upcoming" to happen?

Level 3

in reply to KGBspy

It has now been one month and we are STILL dealing with the freezing issue? Really Treyarch? Really? How pathetic...

Worse, Double Exp weekend is coming up. Oh well, looks like I'll miss this one as well. Thank you for your unprofessionalism and your crappy attitude towards the PS3 community.

Level 3

Studios