AN94

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

AN94

Just recently hit P4 (last night). I spent my permanent unlock on the AN 94 and was wondering what a good set up is.

Level 2
13 REPLIES

Re: AN94

in reply to JacksDaddy07

I would also be interested to know as I begin my quest for AR Diamond Camo.

Level 5

in reply to JacksDaddy07

I generally go with a stand-off support build around this weapon: it's better from mid-range out in my experience:

Attachments: Reflex sight + fast mags

Secondary: Launcher (currently SMAW as I work on diamonds)

Perk 1: Flak Jacket

Perk 2: Toughness

Perk 3: Tactical Mask

Lethal: Frag

Tactical: Shock Charge x2

I play Ground War & generally only use this class when I get stuck on Aftermath, although it works okay for TDM or KC on Overflow as well.  For 6v6 matches I could see going with it on Express and/or Slums, too.

Level 26

in reply to JacksDaddy07

I like the Red Dot, no ACOG is too much and those EO Tech sights suck. The MMS is pretty nice too as the bullet penetration on that gun is decent. I messed around with Select Fire and it does ok if you can land all 3 shots which is enough to kill at most ranges you can seriously conserve a lot of ammo. Really though that gun doesn't need much in attachments. The only thing you can do is add convenience by using Fast Mag as a second

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to JacksDaddy07

JacksDaddy07 wrote:

Just recently hit P4 (last night). I spent my permanent unlock on the AN 94 and was wondering what a good set up is.

I did the same at my 5th prestige and that AR was one I never really used (because its so late in the game)

The best way to answer your questions is, does the AN94 suit your game style?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I typically run smg's on the smaller maps (Highjacked, Nuketown, etc..) but on the mid size maps I run AR's. I already maxed prestiged and gold camo'ed 3 AR's (MTAR, TYPE 25, M27). I was a fan of the AK47 in MW3 once I got use to the recoil.Heard the AN94 was a good gun just looking for some decent loadouts. I typically don't run a secondary gun. I am only P4 LVL 8 so most of my wildcards and perks are locked at the moment.

Level 2

in reply to JacksDaddy07

This was my first use of the perma-unlock, AN94. LOVE this gun. Great all around AR. Sadly I have it maxed already so I haven't used it in a bit. The iron sites are great on it so going without a sight is fine IMO, just remember your range will be a tad less and you need to burst fire at range.

Grip, FMJ and silencer using primary gunfighter with scavenger can be a very deadly combo. As for sights, well, it really depends on your personal preference IMO.

Level 48

in reply to JacksDaddy07

Why are any of you using a sight on the AN-94 other than the iron sights??? The iron sights are perfect, the best of any weapon. Adding a sight is a complete waste of a pick 10. (imo)

Level 11

in reply to llewellyn237__

Agreed!!!

Level 6

in reply to llewellyn237__

I like the SCAR's iron sight better.

And it depends on what role you're using the weapon in.  Playing a more defensive style with the majority of your engagements being from mid-range out, the reflex (red dot) definitely helps.  There's also the question of which other attachment you'd use instead of a sight...the gun really doesn't need much else (fast mags sure, but other than that?).

Level 26

Studios