A question tot hose who cannot get online

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

A question tot hose who cannot get online

I am curious (maybe it is a valid data point):

Did you do anything in previous COD games (mainly MW3) to your own Internet settings on your routers?  I am very curious as to why some people are having such a hard time, when others are having no issues at all.

I have a more or less complex dual path home routing system, however I am doing no port forwarding or traffic management and I have been able to get online from day 2 (I did not have the game day 1).

If you done some tweeks to your routers, maybe sharing your information may shed some light on what might be wrong!?

Activision Ambassador
9 REPLIES

Re: A question tot hose who cannot get online

I have not done anything to my internet or router. I even bought a new router and still get the server errors and no I have never been baned or even got into a hacked lobby or anything of the sort in any other Cod game. the game only worked once for me and i played for only 1 hour before having to leave it only to return to the servers error once again. oh and I have a friend who did the prestige hack on Bo1 and right now he is playing on that same account in Black ops 2

Level 3

in reply to Eddyj1

damn... so much for that idea.

Activision Ambassador

No tweeks or port fowarding or anything. I have a ps3 that doesnt work and another that works (i only have one tv so they use the same HDMI/power/internet cables, i just switch them around)

So it can't really be a router/settings issue. Im 100% positive that it's on treyarch's side.

All my CoD games work on both ps3's (mw2, bo1 & mw3)

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to GuyLafleur

I assume that you are using the same ID for both PS3 to get online (e.g. USERA can get online with one, but USERA cannot get online with the other)?

Activision Ambassador

No, I didnt dare log on my main account on my 2nd ps3 in fear that it would lock/ban my 2nd ps3 as well. So i'm stuck using a lvl 0 dummy account for now. I did manage to log in a few hours on my main account on the 14th and 15th on my main ps3, so it is quite leveled and restarting at lvl 0 quite pisses me off

Level 4

in reply to GuyLafleur

So did you try the reverse? (e.g. can you log into the servers using your dummy account on both PS3s)?

If you can: it is your gamer tag

if you cannot: it is your console

Activision Ambassador

Because its you my friend rlbl,

In an update (3.41) Sony added what is called, Cinavia DRM Protection Technology. I could explain further but am not allowed to.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion.

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

umm.. you have my curiosity going now

Activision Ambassador

Read my post If you have BUES31011 please respond.  This might help shine a little light on what the problem is.

Level 1

Studios