A DLC gun what a great business move!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

A DLC gun what a great business move!!

So this peacemaker is an smg-assault rifle hybrid and to get it you have to buy the DLC. The most popular gun in MW3 was the MP7 also an smg-assaultrifle hybrid. Sounds like a great way to make money. If the gun turns out to be way op would you buy it? What gun would you like to see added? Discuss

Level 2
19 REPLIES

Re: A DLC gun what a great business move!!

in reply to Big_Sprowls

Yeah what a great way to screw up the already terrible balance in this game.
Now people who can't afford DLC are jipped out of a weapon?
Not having certain maps is one thing because you don't really notice that you're missing something. But to be killed by a gun you'll never get unless you pay for it? That's some garbage that belongs in the MMO world, not here.

Level 3

in reply to SillySaxon

I have to agree that letting people buy an edge is lame but would love to have more people who are noobs playing the DLC. I imagine this will strike a nerve with both players and Treyarch accountants either way.

I would love more LMG's or anything that would unseat SMG's as the dominant weapon type. To be reunited with my beloved the pig (M60) .

Level 2

in reply to SillySaxon

This game has terrible balance?

Its probably the most balanced COD ever.

Level 7

in reply to SillySaxon

Lol i can tell the on first person shooter youve ever played is COD. This happens in every fps other than COD. It was about time they introduced guns in dlc, if u dnt wanna pay 15 bucks for, thats on you

Level 7

in reply to Big_Sprowls

I agree with Saxon. Also with adding a DLC gun they're going to end up buffing/nerfing just that gun and ignore all the other guns that came with the game. Also buffing and nerfing it is going to be a problem as it's going to be competing against people who don't have access to it so it's gonna feel OP to a lot of players anyway.

IW buffed 4 guns half way through MW3's life cycle, i think it was the UMP, FAD, M16 & the PM-9, which made players want to go and try them out again. If they had a DLC gun I doubt they would have went back and noticed that nobody was using those 4 guns and buffed them a bit to make it competitive. So in the end it was like getting 4 DLC guns.

Level 13

in reply to Big_Sprowls

WE NEED MOAR

SUB-ASSAULT

RIFLES!!

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Big_Sprowls

They spoke weeks ago about new patch what will fix everything but now 3months on.....absolutley nothing but pushing the DLC on us.......... And yes i would of bought the DLC but after this shambles of a lag comped game im not going to bother..... So they can release what ever gun or maps they like....im not parting with a single penny...

Level 12

in reply to Big_Sprowls

I'm not going to buy the DLC until I see what happens after the next patch. 

But, I don't think people who don't have the DLC will be getting killed by the new gun.  If you do not have the DLC, you'll be put into a different playlist.  You should never even see it.

They did the exact same thing with MAG, and it totally screwed up the balance of the guns.  I'm not sure what will happen with COD.

Level 1

in reply to NHAngler

It has already been officially confirmed via Twitter that it WILL be in the regular rotation, and that players who don't own the DLC will be able to pick it up off dead bodies.

Level 15

Studios