your probation penalty is a joke

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: your probation penalty is a joke

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

as i said above, yes i admit to quitting a few games early, but not as many as one of my friends and he has yet to get probation. the first 2 times i have had proabtion i left a pregame lobby each time, and this is the third one i have had because the host dashboarded after we fianlly got into a match. and yet the above mentioned friend was in the match with me and he didnt get a probation still.

all i realy want is a tweak to the system so that it can differentiate between me quitting or me being forced into a quit through a failed host migration or host dashboarding.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to crymanwr

If he is doing it the right way, by quitting through the in game menu... he won't get nicked. You aren't in control of his actions, only your own.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

except i know hes not doing it the right way because im usualy in the match with him when he does it.

Level 1

in reply to crymanwr

Really though talking about how your freind does it or gets probation is irrelevant. We dont have access to his true records, all we got is hearsay.

Now you do have the same excuse blaming power outags and "outside sources". Well I have lost power ONE time in the past two months, and had dogs bother me twice, but does it happen all the time ? NO.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

and i am not blaming those exclusively, yes i did choose to leave games early every now and then to join friends in battle, but since around the start of the year i have chosen not to do that unless i can leave from the pregame lobby, which gave me  probations through what i am assuming is a glitch, which hasnt happened again thankfully.

Level 1

in reply to crymanwr

Posted by a moderator in another SPAM complaint thread on the same subject.....

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414245429#414245429

The official prerequisites are not published, but as far as the community knows...

You get probation for...

• Dashboarding.
  • Disconnecting your Internet. (Intentional)
  • Your Internet connection dropping. (Unintentional)
  • Turning off your console. (Intentional)
  • Your console shutting down. (Unintentional)
  • Repeatedly being kicked from hardcore variant matches.

The community has mostly stated that leaving games normally is the proper way to go about things with many users doing so. Here's a support page to read why they implemented it.

Locking. The excuse that one does not want to wade through responses is not good enough for us moderators. The information from the community is there. Seek it.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

see this is more helpful, but its still unfair thatI iam getting penalised for something someone else done, i was not the one to dashboard, yet i did get a probation from the host dashboarding and making us lose connection to the game we were in, and yes i know this is not the only thing that lead to the probation, but since the last time i had a probation i have done everythinng i can to stay in games until pre game lobbies and not getting kicked from matches.

as i said i would hope they can tweak the system to differentiate between me intentionally leaving a game or me being forced to leave through someone elses actions, they can put up a message to tell me we lost connection to the host, so why cant it tell the difference between the to scenarios?

Level 1

in reply to crymanwr

They probably can but you got to consider the small print on the back of the box. They dont have to support fixing this if they dont want to.

But just like so many people on here your story just seems like there are too many holes. No offense.

BTW Foxy didnt mention host dashboarding up there, and a LOT of people come in here blaming the host as well as power outages and outside sources as well.

See a pattern developing ?

Level 72

Studios