why do players hate quickscopers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: why do players hate quickscopers

in reply to billygrim

People think it takes no skill because it is a OHK.  It is much harder now.  No Aim Assist, like people wanted.  Slower draw time.  Slower movement speeds.  I mean if people keep on asking for nerfs then snipers will become more useless than there were in BO.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

snipers weren't useless in BO1 they were perfectly fine and especially with the maps you had to actually use the snipers like they were meant for, not running around full retard. there wasn't any perks that allowed you to aim in less than half a sec and abuse the ADS snap and aim assist

Level 18

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

People think it takes no skill because it is a OHK.  It is much harder now.  No Aim Assist, like people wanted.  Slower draw time.  Slower movement speeds.  I mean if people keep on asking for nerfs then snipers will become more useless than there were in BO.

Snipers won't become more useless, the quick-scopers will become more useless. Give the snipers an even longer ADS time and there won't be any quick-scopers left, cause they'll have gone back to MW2/MW3. Which to be honest, would be the best thing to happen to this game.

In BO1, snipers were better, cause you actually had to full-scope to use them properly.

A game without quick-scopers is a good game. This game however, caters for the  kids in a way i've never seen in any other game that has an 18+ PEGI sticker on it.

I'd say it's time they started to cater for the grown ups a bit more (Last time i checked, it does say 18+ on the cover!). Snipers are meant to be used as long-range tactical weapons, and there's nothing tactical about bunnyjumping/doing 360 spins and quick-scoping during an objective game whatsoever.

Level 8

in reply to billygrim

It's stupid because they are in a way taking advantage of the fact that sniper rifles have the longest range that auto aim wil account for. It's all about the auto aim assist. All you have to do is pull the scope up, get the xhairs close and the game will do the rest. Sorry qscopers it's the truth.

Level 8

in reply to rdnsnow

Ok show me a video of you going 50-0 if quickscoping is so "easy" if it is such an exploit of aim assist I want to see you doing nothing but block shotting without your scope being on them. Then and only then I will believe it's an exploit. Seriously quickscoping is not a cheat or exploit let alone "overpowered".

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

Never said it was an exploit. I was just saying that sniper rifles have the longest range auto assist will work for. If it wasn't for auto aim people wouldn't qscope as much because it would be too hard.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to rdnsnow

rdnsnow wrote:

If it wasn't for auto aim people wouldn't qscope as much because it would be too hard.

Exactly, and more so due to the thumbsticks and the fact that they're way too innacurate for quick-scoping compared to the PC versions where you've got a mouse.

Level 8

in reply to billygrim

In BO2 you dont even have to hit the guy to kill him when QSing, thats the source of the legit angst. They don't bother me at all in HC because they don't exist. Sure there are guys that walk around with an SVU but they aren't very successful once my team figures out what they are doing. We just stay out of the sniper lanes and destroy them. I dipped into Nuketown this weeked just for kicks and yeah there are a lot of QSers in there, they killed me and I killed them, I didnt get mad though, there are plenty of other problems with core. I wish they would have a HC Nuketown moshpit, it would play so much better. The snipers would pretty much stay in their sniper lanes and the rewards for playing intelligently would be more defined.

Level 25

in reply to billygrim

total explot, it's like people getting out of the map on MW3, it is not a legit tactic

It's like my gran says 'cheaty comes to beaty'...Not entirely sure what she means when she says it but I'm pretty sure it applies here.

Level 3

in reply to billygrim

Yes it's a game but did anyone actully go to a range and shoot the guns they put in the game from treyarch. I have only shot one rifle a few times 300 win mag and there is no way you could quick scope it with the recoil.

Level 1

Studios