whats your definition of a tryhard?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: whats your definition of a tryhard?

in reply to DontBanMyAccoun

DontBanMyAccounts wrote:

mine is:

that person who only goes for kills and DOESNOT help his/her team, doesnt matter if they are losing.

You'll definitely hear the argument that in TDM, kills help the team. I'm guessing you're talking more about objective game-types here.

Regardless, my definition of a tryhard is one where a player is using the best weapons (some would call, OP) and the best perks and a headset and aren't relaxed about it all. I say there's nothing wrong with that. I don't always have my tryhard pants on, but when I do...

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

Diamond camos have been great for breaking people out of their tryhard class setups.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

100% agree from experience. Always ran around with an smg and wound up enjoying the game much more walking with an ar.

Level 23

Try hard= would do anything to win, AKA play the objective and gets really mad when they lose.

Level 11

in reply to SyF1418

just sounds like a type A personality to me

Level 8

only goes for kills does not sound like a try hard to me.....

I don't play to lose...

If you are saying you are just here to have fun and don't care if you winor lose or even do bad you are not only a try hard but a liar

Level 20
Highlighted

I would think everyone wants to do as well as possible, regardless of game mode....

I wouldn't think anyone would want to be..... say, a tryfail....but if they did, it still brings us back to being a "tryhard" as you'd need to "tryhard" to fail.

Surely that makes Everyone a "tryhard"? I've now confused myself........

Level 7

in reply to Cablez

This reminds me of those AT&T commercials where the guy sits amongst a group of children, interviews them, and then very deadpan takes their responses as serious.

I mean this in the nicest way possible. 

Level 8

in reply to Cablez

Yeah it's a stupid term. If try hard means trying to play well, then isn't everyone a tryhard? I was called a tryhard because I was playing well in search and destroy. The guy kept complaining about my choice of guns and attachments saying they sucked, or that I needed automatic weapons 'cause I suck. He goes on to tell me how little he tries.

He then looked through my combat record to dis my stats and my most used gun (SWAT). Says I'm garbage for having a 1.02 k/d. I'm sorry that I almost always play objective games in which k/d isn't important. I don't play in parties and will sometimes go even or negative and still have 1000+ more score than everyone in the lobby because I actually play the objective and sacrifice myself to return/capture flags and domination points while everyone on my team stays defensive and goes for kills. If you really want to compare, score per minute is at least more even across all game modes.

If I'm playing good and I'm using anything but the DSR, I get called a try hard. Sometimes when they complain about the gun I'm using I'll start switching classes and continue to kill them with different guns so they sound like an idiot complaining about every other gun than the one they're using.

Level 1

I don't see tryhard being a bad thing.  I personally take it as a complement for being better at the game than someone else.  As for not trying at a video game, is like not trying to get a job and just hope something goes your way instead of making something go the way you want it.

Level 16

Studios