what do you think the best way to improve your game is?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: what do you think the best way to improve your game is?

in reply to funkyiceman1799

Level 24
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

Pure evil m8.

Tschuss.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

Thanks.

Level 24

lots of good stuff here.  i think the best advice i ever got was:

-slow down

-stay away from the middle of the map

-use a silencer (and maybe even ghost)

if you suck you really don't need everyone knowing exactly where you are 

once i started improving i changed the tactics a little.  i'm still only average and will revert to these if i am getting tore up.

Level 1

Knowing the maps and the high traffic routes is one; also, I never shoot unless I know I am going to drop my opponent, especially when chasing. No need to pop off 2-3 rounds, get a hit marker or two, and alert a completely oblivious player of your being right behind them. Also, never just straight rush, go from one area to another, stop for a moment and check your surroundings before rushing out into the open again. Plain rushing around will get you killed more often then not.

Level 12

Everyone will have a different take on this, but here's mine.

- Map knowledge - this is the most important.

Learn high traffic areas and spawns. Learn common camping spots. My map knowledge is good, and so is my eyesight, sometimes if I go against mates they don't understand how I saw them, I know the maps and I know when something is out of place, even if it's the top of sometimes head some distance away.

- Be a team player.

Run EMP 'nades and Engineer, maybe a launcher as well. You potentially gain a lot of scorestreak points and help your team out by destroying everything from betties to ground based scorestreaks. Your team may not thank you, but your W/L will go up, trust me. All those glowing red toys also tell you where the enemy are.

- Strafe.

May sound odd, but I always use stock on ARs and nearly always ADS strafe corners when on the move, I can't begin to count how many times someone has blindly and obligingly into my iron sights. Even if they have QD / dexterity,they will not get there gun up in time to counter you.

- When you kill someone, turn round and head the other way.

I can almost guarantee no matter how big/small the map, how spread out the teams are, they will almost always spawn behind you or ahead of you. If ahead, they usually lie in wait expecting you, if behind, they'll run after you. This seems to be the best way to cover it off, you can catch them unawares running at you from behind expecting to shoot you in the back, or leave them waiting on a corner you're never going to come around.

- Try not to rush / flip the spawns.

Not always practical if your playing solo, you may be able to rush a spawn and get a few kills but unless you have a lot of bullets and excellent reactions, you'll probably die.

I mainly play HCKC and get 50+ kills and very few deaths using the above (with most confirms may I add).

Edit:

Gradully set yourself higher scorestreak targets, having something to work towards helps you strategize instead of blindly running around to get a care package (that you'll probably lose) or hunter killer. With hardline an AGR-Chopper-VSAT combo is easy to achieve in TDM and even easier in KC, esp if you're destroying enemy kit and will get you a lot of kills. I personally don't usually go higher, apart from puppies if I'm in the mood as most of the higher streaks will get me booted in HC.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

You might want to try hip firing my friend as stock and strafe isn't as good imo especially for hc kc as it'll free up another slot, for the right maps of course. Try it. No offense either as you give good advice.

The new spawns are tricky these days, especially hijacked as you can't control your team mates.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

That only helps for CQC though, they may not always be that close. I see where you're coming from but it works for me and my accurracy hasn't gone completely to pot!

Stock is usually the only attachment I run on a gun anyway as I'm not fussed about silencers and the iron sights are generally amazing. I think the only exceptions are red dot on the M8A1 and grip on the SCAR.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Well it's hc so you don't need to be close. Been working on my ar camos lately but switched to the peacekeeper since dlc on hydro or hijacked and the ads strafe speed without stock is more than enough on my sensitivity and the grip is more important  for me.

Gotta agree the iron sights are my preferred choice even on the m8a1 which I look forward to using again after about another 5k kills finishing the ar's.

Hip firing is under rated in this game, it plays fast and ads'ing too much can work against you when someone jumps round a corner and hip fires most but not all times. Many a time have I thought, damn why did I ads.

It's all good though.

Level 16

in reply to Ss78_

I sort of see where you're coming from but my main issue with hipfiring is it wastes ammo, and I like to be as conservative as possible becuase no matter how many you kill, there's always one more coming round the corner.

Level 16

Studios