this rage quitting needs to be addressed, soon, as, possible!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: this rage quitting needs to be addressed, soon, as, possible!

in reply to zingaa

why dont u just stop playing then? i get in laggy games, i dont leave. as you say, its unplayable, right?

Level 7

in reply to VulcanArms

VulcanArms wrote:

why dont u just stop playing then? i get in laggy games, i dont leave. as you say, its unplayable, right?

It's kind of like the lottery, you know you won't win but you play anyways. I just hope for the time I can string 3 or even 4 good games in a row together, which is pathetic..

I honestly barely play (compared to MW3), maybe try an hour every other night and almost always quit to watch tv..

Why is it you are seeing a rash of rage quits? Do you seriously think it's because players are losing? Seriously? No, chances are it's because they were on the bad side of lag for the thousandth time and they quit...

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

yea, some people probably do leave becuase of lag, but your being niave to think that this community isnt full of the type of people who will leave if there losing, ive played soooooo many fps's over the years, console and pc, and the cod community is by far the worst, for so many reasons. like i sai, what excuse do the many teams who are winning but but back out when a comeback is mounted? this happens a lot to me.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to VulcanArms

I think people quit because of the lag. If they fix it then I think it will lesser the number of quitters by as much as 80%. The lag is the biggest issue on this game and Treyarch is very silent on the issue. They're not even saying that they are looking at it.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Lag's the easy way out excuse for a lot of people. It's a valid complaint for some, but not for the majority.

I play pretty much only objective based games. I would venture to say this is the worst rage-quitting I have ever seen in an online FPS game thus far, and it's always as soon as a team falls behind, certainly not because of lag.

In fact, I've been on the bad side of lag (very, very bad side of lag) and still was just better at getting to the objective than the other team. Result? Rage-quit.

If they're hosting and dashboarding, it's infuriating. It's bad enough though they do it and we have to suffer through constant host migrations, and then with the game in hand...it's 6 on 2 or 3.

Level 4

in reply to VulcanArms

this is very VERY common in DOM. 1 outta 5 matches is a win by forfit for me.i cant say i really blame em. who wants to stick around when the spawn is being controlled like a herd of cattle.

Level 18

in reply to VulcanArms

I have no reason to stay in a game where my team is not playing like a team. I don't get a lot of time to play, when I do, I don't feel like being your cannon fodder.

I will gladly stay and help a team that is working hard to win, even if we loose. Team full of campers and non cappers can loose just fine without my assistance.

Level 1

in reply to VulcanArms

People quit for all reasons, even if you fix lag (which you can't, because there will always be some sort of lag in one form or another). Some people are just sore loosers. Or, some would rather quit than sit and take a beating with randoms.

Besides, there will always be someone who has to leave a game for another reason besides the score.

Why does this even bother anyone? Let people do what they want. Is it really hurting you? I mean, you play for hours and hours. Is it going to happen every single time for the thousands of games you will play? No, so don't fret and move on.

Even if 3arch could monitor exactly how many times a person quits, how do you enforce it? If I want to quit a game, I quit. Who can dictate to me when I can and cannot leave a video game? You cannot force a player to stay in a game when they are the ones who pay to play it. If I don't have a choice as to which game matchmaking puts me in, then why should I be bound to stay? It's just silly

Level 21

in reply to VulcanArms

I  tried multi team, and loved the concept. But in multi-team, when people who are losing leave, the game gets unplayable. I dont really mind early quieters, but when they do quit like 1 minute before the end of the game... then its really impolite.

Sure, there is plenty of reason to leave a game. But common etiquette would be to not to. Game are not that long anyway, its not Monopoly. Even if the phone ring, I won't just leave. Ill hide my player in a dark corner and hope for the best.

Wether I'm winning or losing, I'll stay.Even when  almost all my team rage quit. I'll just put in extra.effort.

Its a common case of «Do to others as you wish they do to you»

Level 5

in reply to VulcanArms

There is nothing they can do to stop it. Only try to deter it. and most attemps at deterring do not work against those who rage quit as often as some players do.

So really there is nothing they can do about it. For no matter what punishment they give out people will still rage quit.

Hint: Stop carring about your stats so much, they mean nothing once the game is turned off. Your position on a leaderboard does not make you special or awesome or cool.

Level 70

Studios