the loadstar needs nerfing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: the loadstar needs nerfing

in reply to xmrythem

why don't the randoms i play with do that lol i'm one of the only players i see pulling AA gear bad times

Level 16

in reply to belly120

If you're on an idiotic team that dont try and take it out, then yes you will feel its OP. It will rip your team apart, especially on a map with little cover like slums, its easily dealt with using a launcher though.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to belly120

It's a 1500 streak. Shouldn't be easy to get rid of. Should reign terror. As tough as it is to get it should do some damage...and it does.

If your crappy team mates allow opponents to get Lodestars in a game that's unwinnable, just leave. You're going to lose anyway. Might as well save the frustration.

Level 9

in reply to JBurn244

black hats was a good shout as they are possibly a quicker take down, i will see.  i also must be unlucky as i do seem to get hospital passed into games where the other team seem to be lag rapping, boosting or just cheating.  last night most games had swarms, dogs, loadstars, A10s etc. 

one game there were 3 guys that could literally pull massive kill streaks out of their ass on a whim, 2 swarms, dogs, 3 orbital v-sats, multiple lightning strikes etc etc, it was a total joke.  i dropped out an reported them as it was tragic. 

another match i caught a load of boosters, its a shame but i do seem a dirty play magnet at the moment.

Level 16

in reply to belly120

I can't tell if the OP is serious or not.  If you are then maybe you should play something else.  It is supposed to be hard to shoot down.  And the ROF isn't all that great in it.

Level 12

in reply to UncleFizer

are you mental???? it fires at a blistering automatic weapon rate of fire, its a clone of the reaper but with four times the fire rate.  thats OP as the reaper was pretty tasty

Level 16

in reply to belly120

So because a high scorestreak is powerful its OP?  Get serious.  It is fine the way it is.  It is laughable that you call it OP partly because you cant shoot it down with 1 mag from an LMG.

Level 12

in reply to belly120

You can barley get killstreaks anymore without them being taken down instantly. Its ridiculous, if anything the loadstar needs a BUFF.

I'm serious.

Even just a few hours ago i logged in, played a couple games. I got a couple stealth choppers that didn't even make it to the Map because they get insta-shotdown and i got two or three loadstars that were also shotdown within 5-7 kills...

The Vtol warship is useless as it takes 1 rocket to take down.

These are HIGH killstreaks. like others have said, there supposed to utterly DESTROY as a reward for getting them, yet more then half the COD community all have FHJ- Blind eye classes to switch to...

So, these killstreaks are already practically un useable unless your in a lobby with players who dont happen to have a stupid take-down class.

So, why would they nerf this?

It seems to me your only upset about it because you can't get high scorestreaks so in turn your annoyed that the loadstar is some-what difficult to take down.. boo hoo.

Level 2

in reply to belly120

This is why these forums can just be silly.

Half of you think it's OP, half think it needs improvement.

Half of you complain it can't be taken down, half complain that you don't have enough time to use it because it's shot down too fast.

Before and after the patch, I could take it down.

But it all comes down to team play. Teams usually can take it down quick, randoms that know what they are doing can take it down quick too.

I could do a lot of damage with it too, if teams talked.

It's not the killstreak that is OP, it's the lack of experience or caring in the players that game.

You kmow what I do? I go back and look at the video to see how the player got one, so I can do it next time.

Finally, with just a little practice, you can prevent anyone from getting a big killstreak.

Level 21

in reply to belly120

Its a high end Scorestreak, what on earth would be the point of earning it if it wasn't powerful? They can be taken down very fast by a team who play sensibly - I got shot down once after firing one solitary missile, props to that team.

If you are stupid enough to not try to take it down ASAP/shoot at it with an LMG *facepalm* then of course its gonna smoosh you. To be honest, the VTOL is even worse if it gets left up in the air - I've gotten 15-16 kills with that thing when the enemy team have been filled with idiots who think they are above taking out the high end scorestreaks. Most I got with the Lodestar was 9 I believe. Then again, the VTOL flies lower so a well aimed RPG means goodnight (and yes that happened to me XD).

No. The Lodestar was fine even before the nerf IMO. Its a high end streak, it should be strong and it should punish those foolish enough to not deal with it.

Level 31

Studios