smgs overpowered

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: smgs overpowered

in reply to proskillgamers

SMG'S don't seem overpowered when I use them, it always feels like I use half a clip to kill someone even at close range.

The Vector has 36 bullets in the clip I had 6 left after I'd killed someone, I probably missed with half of those shots but even 15 bullets seems far too many to put someone down.

Level 13

Weapon stats for SMG's:

Scorpion, Mp7, Chicom, Vector all do 33  max damage. The same as the type 25 and m27

the pdw has the same max damage as the M8 at 35

the MSMC has the same max damage as the an94

all have a minimum damage of 18 and most have a 4 shot range that is equal to the MTAR's 3 shot range with only the scorpion being lower.

All have a ROF higher than all but the type 25's base ROF (select fire is different).

The pdw's 5 shot kill range is about the same as most Ar's 4 shot kill range as is the MSMC's while having a higher base rof than all but the type 25 and M8.

They have faster ADS times of .2 to .25 and have a very low hipfire spread

Level 8

Which to all of the stupid retards that can't understand what he just said.... it means SMGs are OP! I worked that out when I stole some faggy noobs SMG and hipfired him till he left...

I am sick of this game any how... I might just snap the disc and shit on the remains and send it back to Treyarch...

This game encourages hosts to leave?! That is why I have 0.13 W/L ratio.

When I play games without barely one SMG, the game is fine... I get killed a few times... it's ok, I don't care... I don't die in 1 millisecond, I die fairly and nooblessly. When SMGs are in the game, I pray the world actually will end... (although, I know it won't but most of civilisation is retarded and takes the easy option) but still, maybe for some terrorist to break into their house and hipfire them or something funny ... so I can read their ironic death in the paper..

Level 5
Highlighted

proskillgamers wrote:

smg's need to be weaker

As soon as my first four bullets drop shottie or QS guy before their one hit drops me...

... I'll listen to your well thought out post.

For now...

... no.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I think that the lack of recoil and hip fire spread are the biggest issues. Damage at range would be less severe if these values were adjusted.

Having said that, I find I do pretty well with the FAL. With select fire it has the lowest time to kill in the game and just drops people at any range.

It can be frustrating to be killed by over-powered smgs and quickscoping exploitation, but that's the price of haivng this game appeal to the masses. Treyarch used to be about qulaity - now it's about shipping as many copies as possible.

Level 1

in reply to thecazdog

thecazdog wrote:

... now it's about shipping as many copies as possible.

This useless argument has been around since...

... COD 2.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Learn how to play the game. Stop Rushing with the ARs or SGs, and start using caution. Of course you're going to lose a CQC with the SMGs, while rushing with ARs. Use your Head........

Level 6

in reply to CrimsonxPack

The problem with this is that the maps make it almost impossible to keep the enemy at a distance suitable for AR engagements. It seems that almost every decent sight line has a tank/car/random object obscuring your field of fire and making it all too easy to just rush in and hip fire for the kill.

I thought the MW3 maps were bad till I saw these...how I long for decent maps like Hardhat, Village and Mission (and this is relative - none of these maps have anything on Black Ops 1 and most of the maps in MW2).

Level 1

in reply to thecazdog

Lol.

Low recoil

High hip fire accuracy

Large mags

High fire rate.

Nah, they are perfectly fine. It takes lots of skills to be good with them.

Level 3

in reply to thecazdog

I also find MW3's maps better than BO2's. I'm afraid they may have did it on purpose to sell the map packs.

Level 35

Studios