"OP'd Guns" If it's like older games...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: "OP'd Guns" If it's like older games...

in reply to Film_Not_Rated

The times i have used the PDW, i thought it sucked. But i have a few friends that swear by it. personally i thought the MP7 was the superior smg in this game, but now matter how you cut the mustard and talk damage or ROF. It is sensless, It seems everything is op'd imo. Q/S, remmington shotgun, SMG's etc. They shoot faster than your tv can process the hits.

Level 38

Gun balance is manageable I would leave it be.

Level 44

Film_Not_Rated wrote:

As King told me, it's because it's the first unlock.

Now the PDW is unlocked right after that, but it's used more because of it's clip, hardly any recoil, can kill fast (Despite what stats say.) who wouldn't want to pass that up? Except for those that believe every stat.

Point is, the most used gun is used for a reason, not because it's terrible.

And I've seen less MP7's since lauch btw.

I guess it just varies.

Weapon progression? Camo progression? Think about it, what guns are going to be the furthest along when you hit first prestige, the ones you used first. Maybe the reason the PDW is being used so much is because people want to Gold it before they move on. It could have nothing to do with performance.

As to what Drew said, all of my experiences have been in core so far, simply because the offerings in HC are pathetic. When and if they add a HC mode I want to play, I will pretty much be starting the game completely over. New guns, new classes, everything will change for me. As well as my opinion on guns. The PDW could very well be the best SMG in HC. I cant say at this time.

Level 14

in reply to NoLifeKing231

That would be a small majority.

If you expect everyone to go in order to get Gold, you'd be sadly mistaken but I know you don't think that because you're smart.

I can see if that is the case for Camo, but again...Players use guns that help them do good, if one gun is more powerful than the other then I would think they would use that, correct?

Not every player is all shotguns only or snipers, they watch videos on gaming and decide that gun is for them.

Level 19

If the gun is good enough to succeed with, then I can see at least taking it to max prestige, which for the PDW, would prolly take a prestige and a half, I'm not really sure. I maxed out the MSMC fairly quickly but I played a lot of NT 24/7 so kill numbers were bloated. Taking it to gold, yeah, small amount of players.

Level 14
Highlighted

I just unlocked gold camo for the PDW, and I was happy to move on.  Sure, it has it's moments, but it felt weak compared to the others I've worked on (MP7, Chicom, Skorpion).  Personally, I think the Chicom is probably the best SMG as the burst damage stops quickly.  Only Vector and MSMC between me and diamonds!

For me, the weapons all seem fairly balanced without feeling too cookie-cutter.  So far, I wouldn't recommend any tweaks to any of the guns that I've used.

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

Chicom is probably the best or tied with the Vetor/MSMC.

I hated the MSMC at first but been using it for the gold, it's actually not to bad.

Level 19

In my opinion, I feel all SMG's are decent in BO2.

I don't get that feeling where one SMG dominates the rest compared to BO where to say the pre-patch AK-74u dominated the rest of the other SMGs.

Level 51

Studios