pistols shouldn't have the same advantage as a primary!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: pistols shouldn't have the same advantage as a primary!!

in reply to parnezzi

Ok...seriously guy. Even if bullet drop occured in the game, yes you could compensate for it with riffle rounds, but a shotgun firing buckshot as all but one do, even if you compensated there would be NO effect to target because all energy would be lost. The only energy that would be still in the pellets would be applied by gravity, which is not a lethal force outside of extreme circumstances. Such as a 3 oz metal plate being thrown from high enough to to reach critical mass and hitting directly in a lethal location such as the head.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

And the pellets would have left a lethal pattern and be too spread out to kill...it takes a good number of pellets in the same hit zone to cause sufficient trauma to kill.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

but they would still hurt since if you had to do a large compensation then gravity would take over for what the shell could not muster.

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

Hurt yes, but this is like comparing a punch from your kid sister to a kick to the ballacks from a mule.

And no gravity could never make up for a lack of energy in the case of a shotgun pellet. Simply not enough mass. Now in the case of a sniper they use everything frpm gravity to wind to hell even the spin of the earth to make a shot from extreme distances with a wniper BULLET. These things simply can not help a shotgun pellet.

Please just admit to bring wrong and move on.

Level 23

in reply to parnezzi

Sorry for double reply my phone glitched.

The reason i said you are partially correct in that slugs are closer to bullets is because they do create a better seal to the barrel, but nothing even close to a true bullet. This fact is over come by increasing the mass of the object. Most slugs being 1oz either with rifling on them or with a smooth wall. The rifled version does the same thing as what the rifling in my original reply does to a minet, just to a lessed degree because you are using lead rifling on a steel barrel. The other way around is a great deal more efficient. These rounds are generally used for deer hunting in state that dont allow use of rifles for this hobby, such as ohio of the USA.

I hope this helps you grasp the differences, because i dont think i can describe it in more of a lamans terms. If you wish to know more of why your post was completely incorrect o recomend reading up on modern ballistics as well as historical ballistics. Perhaps even take a refresh on how the two forms of energy effect an object. Then you will understand why i said, you could not be more wrong...

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

besides from my lack of knowledge on ballistics the arguement was about shotgun secondarys and why aren't they secondarys other than not wanting a repeat of Mw2, since everything he listed about why pistols are fine are just the same as shotguns.

the 9mm and 45. bullet and the pellets in a shotgun shell share the same properties even if one is able to go farther than the other, but in game they share the same disadvantages other than one dissappers at a certain range and the other just has a damage drop off

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

Once again completely wrong, both you and him. From a tactical stand point, unless you are at point blank range the shotgun should lose to a pistol at every turn. Simply because a smaller perjectile from a pistol will hold more energy over much grwater distances. There is nothing similar at all between these two, and drawing loosely similar things about them should never effect which is primary and which is secondary.

I had no concern with you and the other guys thoughts one why something is a secondary, i simply tryed to inform you of a mistake to which you tryed to argue. Prompting this lesson in ballistics, since you felt you were right.

In all likely hood you are right as to why they arent secondary weapons, i mean who can forget akimbo 11

887s in MW2? LOL

Level 23

in reply to Catfishbillyy1

They have very low range and spare ammo.

The Tac.45 has only 30 spare rounds. While, in theory, this allows 15 kills (Not including the 5 in the clip), in practice this is next to impossible due to the guns recoil.

The Five-Seven has even less range (Being the lowest damage semi-auto in CQC), but has twice as much ammo and has less recoil.

The KAP-40 and B23R both take three shots to kill minimum, have only 45 rounds spare (Which with the KAP-40s high recoil and high fire rate is pathetic) and no headshot multiplier. The B23R also has less range than any of the Burst fire primaries (Except for the Chicom CQC), so will not perform well outside of CQC. They also have no ADS zoom, so they are even harder to use outside of CQC.

Also, if anyone thinks the Executioner is overpowered, they are an idiot.

Level 9

Level 44

How about we get back on topic now? This thread was about how OP thinks the Pistols are OP. 

My opinion is the way the Pick 10 system is set, you have the ability to run only a pistol without a primary.  Which in those instances, it wouldn't make sense for the pistols to act like "secondaries".  So having them pack a punch within "pistol" ranges makes total sense.

Also, regardless of what slot they sit in "secondary or primary slot".  They still cost 1 point to equip.  Which is the same as the primaries. 

Reasons why Pistols aren't as powerful as primaries:

1)Limited range

2)Small clip size

3)Terrible recoil(at least 2 of them)

People whining about getting killed by a secondary need to rethink who the bad player really is.  And it's not the person handicapping themselves. 

Level 25

Studios