no footsteps, any1 used awareness yet?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

no footsteps, any1 used awareness yet?

used to rely on being able to hear people close to me and this is without a stupid headset. only thing is nobody seems to make any noise and all of a sudden there is a guy behind you and your dead. Has anybody used awareness to see if it makes much of a difference?

sebo90
13 REPLIES

Re: no footsteps, any1 used awareness yet?

in reply to sebo90

I haven't yet.  But from what I've heard (From alot of posts) is the awareness does nothing.  COUNTLESS times my death could have been prevented, because they can walk right up to me, and knife me.  It's as if they're wearing slippers.  I don't understand how something like this got through the game test phase.  It's just rediculous.  I can hear my footstep just fine, but the enemies? Notta...

dan2695

in reply to dan2695

I've posted in multiple threads like this, and nobody seems to know why.
One thread said that they were going to look into it, but nothing so far.

Other people I've spoken to have said that it's intentional, but I highly doubt this.
Why would they sell headsets specifically for these games if they purposely made the footsteps inaudible.

I really really hope this is a bug, or I might not spend as much time on this game as I want to.

You might say you don't need footsteps to be good at the game, and you'd be right, but it definitely adds a new level to the gameplay.

TastyRain
Highlighted

in reply to sebo90

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone tried playing with the sound settings? Right now mine is on "Headphones", I have not tried any of the other ones yet.

IHerpIMyIDerp

in reply to IHerpIMyIDerp

I tried all of them, except the "this is really loud" one.

Even tried different presets on my headset. (TurtleBeach Earforce Delta)
Nada.

TastyRain

in reply to IHerpIMyIDerp

I tried headphones and the standard sound setup and neither actually made enemy footsteps audible.  I'm gonna give the developers the benefit of a doubt and say that it has to be a bug, there's no way they're incompetent enough to purposely make enemy footsteps completely inaudible.

_609_Briq1

in reply to sebo90

yes mate there is footsteps but they are super faint i have mine hooked up to a 1000w 5.1 setup and cant here them till its to late the dead silence perk is pointless its like you get that as default

codyandpaste

in reply to sebo90

/i have tried Awareness on a local game vs bots. It makes a slight difference but theres always so many other sounds that it only helps if you are in a quiet moment

Steve2589

in reply to sebo90

You can't hear the footsteps.  I've had several occasions where someone was running behind or next to me and you would never know they were there.  This has to be a bug, there is no point to having Dead Silence or Awareness.  Also, as it is right now with the lag a lot of times you need that split second of lead time knowing someone is coming.  I've had a lot of games with the same old "I'm .5 seconds behind the other guy". 

playthegameprop

in reply to sebo90

trust me awareness and deadsilenxe have no need n this game as of now, idky but you can only hear team mates voices are super loud and no enemy footsteps at all!

LotusFiasco

Studios