emp nade vs hunter killer

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

emp nade vs hunter killer

Probably old news but i laughed when i found out emp nades can destroy them whilst flying. I find it only tends to work if you get the emp nade to land roughly underneath where the hunter killer is flying

Level 6
12 REPLIES

Re: emp nade vs hunter killer

in reply to trolltbh

totally did this the other day.  I thought i was just throwing up a random in the general direction of the fray and all of a sudden it gave me points for destroying a Hunter Killer Drone.  pretty sweet.  In hindsight, I should have gone back and checked the theater to see how it happened but whatever.

on another silly note, I just realized by using Elite that I have 14 kills with EMP grenades.  How??? 

Level 10

in reply to ValleyYeti

Direct impact kills or even the emp explosion. If someones weak enough it will kill them

Level 6

in reply to trolltbh

I've knowingly killed players with EMPs haha, also I didn't know you could kill hunter killers with them, since they only blow when they hit the ground so I never thought about it haha

Level 4

in reply to trolltbh

I've gotten at least 3 hk kills with emp grenades. I just assumed it was hitting near the player as he was getting ready to throw it or just as they released it.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to trolltbh

I had funny WTF moment the other day, playing slums and threw an EMP towards the blue building, popped up with the medal for destroying a HC and the feed said an enemy had made a mistake.

Checked back in theatre and it turned out I'd thrown it at the exact second he launched it and it blew up in his face.

Level 16

in reply to trolltbh

apparently if you throw an emp at just the right time and place you can stop an enemy hellstorm missile!!!  Also seen a clip of someone sniping a hellstorm out of the sky.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

Haven't gotten it to work for me, but seen it in action before. I love my EMP grenades. Have taken out Dragonfires, RCXDs, and everything else, don't see why they shouldn't work on HKs.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to riksterinto

I have only done it four times, and I throw an EMP every time one is called in. Usually try to lob one on a roof for other killstreaks. You know they have to be think WTF just happened? Domination, if you see the circles on the mini map chuck one at B. It is probably where they are gonna drop it. And it takes a sec for the EMP to sail and detonate. Love it when it never says that one is inbound or it delays until you can almost read the serial number.

Level 2

in reply to SgtDoak

Are you saying you have destroyed 4 hs missles with emp gren.

Level 9

Studios