coming from the ps3 version...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: coming from the ps3 version...

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Not a fanboy but more more like a village idiot.

Level 35

in reply to StarBloopernl

Every business is always in it for the money, if there was no money in gaming microsoft wouldn't be in it, same as sony, if there was no money to be made anymore sony would back out right away, as would microsoft.

Level 12

in reply to get2dachoperrrr

I don't see why Sony is still in the gaming market, seeing as how they lose money on every PS3 they sell.

Level 2

in reply to StarBloopernl

Where do you get this stuff?   Microsoft has several departments.   As you said its all about money and they make money from Xbox live.  As long as its profitable they will keep it going.

Microsoft will focus on windows??? Haven't they been doing that for years?  And Microsoft is not worth millions,  they are worth billions...yes mostly from windows but Xbox live is still making money

This is from Forbes

"we conservatively estimate Microsoft to be making at least $625 million in revenues a year from sales of virtual goods on Xbox Live"

It's not going anywhere

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to GrieverXVII

I don't even know what to say after reading some if the posts on here... But here are some facts.

Psn useres = 90 million

But remember its free to make an account so 3 kids in one house could make accounts.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network

Xbox users = 40 million

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_live

I'm a 30 year old gamer who has been around the block like a cheap trick when it comes to video games so take this for what it's worth. (I've had both systems)

Xbox is better. And here are my reasons,

1. Xbox live costs money but I don't see this as a negative I see it as a positive because your less likely to get the little kids whose parents are bad and don't even know their kid is playing a game "online" (less kids play Xbox= fact)

2. Xbox live, the whole live experience is by far superior to pan in it presentation and accessibility to other games and movies.

3. The ease of joining friends and having private parties is so much simpler. On ps3 you might as well chat over Skype with your friends while you play (which is also a ms product lol)

4. Matchmaking is also leaps and bounds better on Xbox. So better matchmaking = better competition and less long search times.

I could go on..

Most of these are a fact and but some are my opinion. One could argue that more users = better online but that only could be said if both services were free so it's safer to say that "live" is a premium service while psn is the step down.

Level 12

in reply to GrieverXVII

I own them both but prefer the Xbox.  Better titles and Xbox live is superior to psn.  That's why we pay for it.

As far as the controllers go I also prefer the Xbox controller.  It is a littler bigger which is better for me because I am a bigger guy with bigger hands and the playstation controller is just to slim.   It's not as comfortable in my hands. 

Different people have different opinions.  What really matters is what you prefer.  Play which one you like best and enjoy it.  

Level 6

in reply to jaysonsp

I came from the PS3 as well. Used to be a die hard PS3 fanboy and believe PS3 was the absolute best online experience. I have played from COD3 to BO2 all on PS3. I now play Xbox almost entirely. I must say that I do feel there are better players overall on Xbox though. My PS3 BO2 KDR is 3.50 at 6th prestige. My Xbox BO2 KDR is at 3.09 at 6th prestige. (Keep in mind, I never dashboard) I'll just quit the game regular, and my W/L is still positive on both consoles.

I personally like the Xbox controller more now and feel I play better with it. I do however like the PS3 analog stick feel much better. I could aim better and be more on target.

My 2 cents.

Level 9

in reply to footballrule

PSN sucked, i was a PS fanboy too, until switching late 2011 to xbox, was in a hardecore madden league at the end of the PS2 era, PS3 came out and lag lag lag everywhere on every single madden game....sucked, for years i was saying i WANT to pay for PSN  just so they improve it. so i did...and bought an xbox, lol

Level 7

in reply to GrieverXVII

thanks for some of your guys opinions and responses.

I only own one game on the ps3 and that's black ops 2, i think i stated that in my original post. but i do prefer xbox and it is my main gaming console. I just wanted to point out the differences between consoles that i've experienced so far and how i felt it has affected me a bit up to this point. i mean i still go 50+ kills to 10 and below deaths on an average and i'm not even prestige 1 yet, but it just feels awkward and i do have to say i love how the ps3 joysticks feel like they glide when moved, the xbox controller just feels stiff and jerky..but that's just imo. still love the xbox, but if i could build a perfect controller it would be:

- light weightness of the ps3 controller

- xbox controller design

- ps3 joysticks for it's glide and larger moving room

- ps3 d-pad

and i'm still on the fence whether i actually like triggers or just buttons like the PS2 days.

what would your perfect controller be?

Level 2

in reply to GrieverXVII

There is no SBMM on PS3, i have a 700 SPM on ps3 and only get put into lobbies with noobs. 500 SPM on Xbox and prestige masters fer days.

Level 6

Studios