champions league is the dumbest thing ever

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

champions league is the dumbest thing ever

good idea with champions league guys. i think its fantastic that you get put into a league with other ppl of your skill lvl but then if your iron you always go against platinum? ya your right i cant argue with that logic. if you cant even play against others that are at your lvl then why make different brackets and why even make it competitive when you can just play the regular online matches that are the same thing just without the broken match making. if you ask me this is all just a waste of time and should have been thought out a little more i wouldnt recommend this game to anyone. if you wanna play competitively then just go to gamebattles.com 

Level 1
14 REPLIES

Re: champions league is the dumbest thing ever

in reply to Caboose1988

Well said. By the way, the reason you got matched up with higher divisions is the fact that only 2,000 people play Champions at all times. Most people get put in platinum after placement games.

Level 1

in reply to Caboose1988

The fact is, far fewer people are playing League Play than Treyarch desired/anticipated. People's perception seems to be you need a full party of 6 friends to do well, so they stay away. Meanwhile, HC gets the shaft.

Level 14

in reply to Caboose1988

yea as it was said the numbers are far lower than expected. it is a shame because it really is fun. I wish more people played it.

I really want to see it stay around. You get to go up against good people in high rankings top 10 plat and top 25 masters.

It really is something fun for the competitive players.

If you want to find a group play good against or with another group you play against.

Level 10

in reply to Caboose1988

League play is stupid and confusing.  It's says "solo play" on the damn list as part of the description and then you play vs teams.  WHY DOES IT SAY SOLO PLAY?  Why put that there?  What sense does that make?  Solo play implies a solo que or mercenary.

I don't even like playing with friends because the game seems to always lag harder

Level 6

in reply to ACII1

yes it does lag alot but thats pretty much any part of the game it seems.... this is the only game ive ever played were i lag out a couple times a day

Level 1

in reply to Caboose1988

As stated, the problem lies with the population of the playlists. Until more people play, the games aren't really going to be matched on skill.

What they need to do at this point is up the ante on XP earned in League. Make it something ridiculous like +7500 for wins and +1500 - 2000 for losses. Give people an incentive to try it out. Then once more people play, lower it back down. Most people just want to level at this point and League isn't a good place to do it.

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to Caboose1988

League is a complete flop. Just take a look at it at this moment. There are only 3040 people playing on it out of 276,000 people.

I would rather have Treyarch remove it and add more game modes on Hardcore. Unfortunately, I don't think Treyarch will do that as doing that is like admitting that they were wrong. They thought that people wants to be MLG players. 

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

well if thats what they were hoping for they were wrong you cant hope to bring more mlg players into a puplic environment were everyone is gunna be on at a lower skill lvl. it wont be balanced and competitive so therefore the game will get boring and no one will play.

Level 1

in reply to Caboose1988

I dont usually have this sort of problem, but it does happen from time to time and it can be very irritating. But even though they are in platinum, doesnt necessarily mean that they are of higher skill, they might have just been put on good teams that always win. Because League games is where you play to win, not play for kills(excluding teamdeathmatch, and kill confirmed). I am at Platinum rank solo, and gold team rank and have been beaten by a team full of individual players(random people, not an actual coordinated group) who are ranked silver and below.

Level 1

Studios