anybody have lmg headshot tips?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: anybody have lmg headshot tips?

in reply to AHaras

i started out using the hamr... but tried the mk for a few games and actually got it gold already. (i had the challenges done before well before i got the 150 perks/attachment kills...this gun is incredible, i had no idea.)  it seems like the hamr and the one that looks exactly like the type 25 (qbb?) are going to give me trouble, ill be saving the lsat for last for sure because it should be easy.

ive been running fmj, target finder, and either grip or quickdraw. i may have to resort to the old stock/suppressor and get behind snipers for these two i guess more inaccurate lmgs.

Level 7

in reply to AHaras

LSAT and MK-48 were so quick and you shouldn't have too much trouble with them, but for the HAMR and QBB LSW you need to actively aim for them, Tactical Insertions and Quickdraw, Suppressor, Toughness are good suggestions that helped me for maps like Hijacked to get up high and pick off free headshots, and make the most of stationary players perhaps not expecting you to come from behind.

If all else fails, avoid grip and toughness and just play head on from Medium range. Not as effective for kills vs deaths but will have a huge headshot percentage due to vertical kick when shot.

Level 3

in reply to mike_

Use a Target Finder. Your reticle will "pop" onto enemies chest. If you have toughness, adjust aim slightly higher. If no toughness, then when the enemy shoots you insta headshot!

Level 8

in reply to AHaras

I use Iron sights with a Grip, and just aim higher than I normally do.

Level 22

in reply to AHaras

AHaras,

I understand the frustration. I am a 0.5 KDR player.  It was a long grind getting headshots on my MK48, and then before I started the headshots for the HAMR, I went to youtube and found a guy who suggested playing free-for-all to get headshots with a reflex sight.  It works!  I did it for my HAMR and also for my LSAT.  I only have my QBBLSW remaining to get gold.

Here is my setup:

Lightweight, Cold-Blooded, Toughness, Dexterity perks

Attachments: Reflex sight, quickdraw (or sometimes foregrip), silencer.  You might want to experiment with different reticules on your reflex sight, I use one of the larger reticules, the steve mustache.

You could also try getting rid of Cold-blooded and instead use concussion grenades and stun enemies in free-for-all, but that didn't get me any extra headshots. 

When you are playing FFA, try keeping your gun centered in the screen at all times for ADSing.  When you start shooting, do not move your sights vertically, only horizontally, and this will keep your sights at the headshot level.   This method has helped me average between 3-7 headshots per FFA match. 

Level 3

in reply to AHaras

aim high.  pulse fire.  that is all.

Level 10

in reply to AHaras

Yep, aim high, bursting fire really helps.

I noticed with my QBB I was getting totally screwed out of headshots about 1 out of 5 times. More than once I literally walked up behind a guy with a silenced QBB, aimed at his dome and killed him and it did not register a headshot.

Level 3

in reply to AHaras

finished my hamr last night so mk48 and hamr are done

the qbb is going to be a nightmare though. its the only lmg i never thought was good. at least i'm saving the lsat for last so its not like pulling teeth for my last one.

ive been running with fmj, target finder or reflex, depends on the map, and foregrip or stock. i must say the technique ive been having the best luck with is getting into gun battles with people in headglitches. i'd say about 50% of the time it was a headshot for me

thanks for all the tips though guys. the burst fire is another thing ive noticed works really well.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to AHaras

Probably not the the most popular but I seemed to get them easily with the variable zoom/stock/foregrip and burst shooting. I love this combo against snipers in HCTDM on Carrier. I can zoom in on the head glitch spots and still have the full auto to take care of closer range stuff from the hip. Its also good to cover the center of Drone from the hillside to take out the snipers on the helipad.

Level 4

in reply to AHaras

Target Finder and Silencer in Hardcore, start too high and work your way down slowly.

Level 13

Studios