You're only as good...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: You're only as good...

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I truely wish they would get rid of lobby chat altogether. As far as numbers go, the only number that really impresses me is a positive w/l. Wether you run with a team or go solo, a positive w/l makes me feel you play the game for the right reasons. But don't get me wrong, a negative w/l or extremely high k/d means nothing to me. As far as my own stats, its just a record of how I play. Of corse I'ld like to see them improve, but I'm going to play the objective and run out into the open with no hesitation. Stats don't dictate my play. On the other hand, I love completing challenges. I will die over and over if need be, as long as I'm progressing challenges.

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

I have enjoyed the challenges tremendously in this game, as frustrating as some can be. Almost done getting Diamond on my SMGs(2 more to go).

I am right there with you on W/L. If that isn't positive the rest of my stats don't mean a thing, since all I play is Team games.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

My numbers in this game are the lowest in any COD. And it doesn't even bother me, because I am workin on stuff, and having fun doing it. Diamond camos aren't easy, some guns are an absolute bear to use, other challenges (tactical knife, iron sights ballista, tribolt xbow) are not going to be nice to my numbers. But its all whatever to me, because I know at any time, I can just take some me-time, and run whatever class I want, and totally misrepresent my actual numbers. Last Wednesday was one of those days, where I raised my HCKC SPM from 279 to 287. When you have 45k kills in HCKC, numbers don't change that fast, but mine sure did. Point is, numbers don't mean anything. I play this game casually 90% of the time, but when I want to, I can call in as many K9 units as the next guy.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

I can see that as being fun as well. I try to mix it up when I can. But if I am hurting my team, I will switch to something more effective.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

My "teams" success doesn't mean anything to me, as most of the time I am on a team of complete scrubs. More than once I have led the team using only a tactical knife. Its different in KC where even if you die it doesn't neccessarily hurt the team, a lot of times its completely meaningless because they couldn't pick up my tag. You can go 10-30 (and you will using just a tac knife) and still get to 3000 points no problem with concussion/flash assists (which are very annoying because I don't want the assist I want the kill). TDM is not the mode for challenges rly.

Level 25

When I go into as match with confidence I usually do good, when I'm intimidated I tend to camp a bit and don't do as well so state of mind is big.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I find that myself. One thing I have noticed in this game is that when I get upset or angry if I can refocus myself I can usually turn it around.  It really all depends on my ability to adjust to the circumstances in the game, but mindset definitely effects how I play.

Activision Ambassador

Get rid of stats.

People's KD, SPM etc. are all affected by whether they solo or party up, stick to guns they are comfortable with or decide to use different setups for challenges and callign cards, and even then it can still change.  I only play CTF when in a party and I'm usually the last defender to my team's home flag.  I'm usually only busy if my teammates attacking are coming up against a very good side, or they take forever getting the third flag for the round win and aren't trying to extend the match for scorestreaks later on.  Either that or enemies get too close to the home flag and a teammate calls in a care package so I'm there to to kill them.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I say get rid of Leaderboards, or make them an Opt-In for those who care.

I loved the Combat Record on Black Ops. I rarely looked at anyone elses' but I loved studying mine. I am big on knowing areas of weakness and strength. Seeing those numbers would sometimes focus me in the right direction and help me improve. I used my Stats in Conjunction with Combat Training to improve in certain areas, and I think it helped my game.

Activision Ambassador

Yeah or that.  I just don't like the way it's all out in the public because people play the game with it in mind and if they think dashboarding helps them pad their stats when getting a hiding it will mean more games are lost.

I don't mind some stats, may be limited to friend viewership or something.  Only stats I'm interested in is gun accuracy but all I get a simple percentage.  I'd find average (mean, mode or whatever) kills and compare that to accuracy with setups and maps much more productive.  But I don't think I will ever see something that 'sophisticated' for a computer game.  I tend to know from experience roughly which attachments to use etc but I guess I'd be interesting to see some mathematical proof of performances.  It might even quell some stereotypes that some COD gamers moan about.  I know I got quite a few headshots with the ACOG on the QBB LSW and I'll assume because it lowers recoil.  It does, but it only increases centrespeed by 2% so if I'm doing well aiming for headshots and getting them with a good return, it's unlikely the 2% extra is doing it.  It's just not enough to have an impact.

Level 31

Studios